Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1




Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Nova 2 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12
    Hello, I am new to mac but I have Mac OS Sierra 10.12

    I want to run the mac version of Nova 2 for OSX, does anyone know if there is going to be any compatibility issue? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Nova 2 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    58,270
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Rep Power
    53
    Welcome to our forums.

    As far as I can determine, NOVA 2 is a game for mobile devices: iPhone, iPad, Android, etc. I could not find anything that said the game could be played on a Mac. Where did you see that the game could be played on a Mac? (macOS)

    Give us the URL.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Welcome to our forums.

    As far as I can determine, NOVA 2 is a game for mobile devices: iPhone, iPad, Android, etc. I could not find anything that said the game could be played on a Mac. Where did you see that the game could be played on a Mac? (macOS)

    Give us the URL.
    N.O.V.A. 2: The Hero Rises Again - Wikipedia

    and

    YouTube

    thanks!

    Basically the game came out in 2010, but my OS came out in 2016, so how is the backward compatibility?

  4. #4
    Nova 2 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12
    Slydude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 16, 2009
    Location
    North Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    14,322
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Rep Power
    24
    I looked at the Wikipedia article and I don't see anything which suggests to me that that game runs on a Mac. I know the link days Apple that takes you to the Wikipedia entry for Apple in general not macOS. The App Store link leads to the Wikipedia page for IOS version of the App Store.

    See nothing that leads me to suggests the game works on a Mac.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    I looked at the Wikipedia article and I don't see anything which suggests to me that that game runs on a Mac. I know the link days Apple that takes you to the Wikipedia entry for Apple in general not macOS. The App Store link leads to the Wikipedia page for IOS version of the App Store.

    See nothing that leads me to suggests the game works on a Mac.
    Well, then can I get a general answer on the backward compatibility of macs? will macOS run stuff designed for OS X? Thanks!

  6. #6
    Nova 2 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    58,270
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by yhe1 View Post
    Well, then can I get a general answer on the backward compatibility of macs? will macOS run stuff designed for OS X? Thanks!
    We realize you're new to the Mac, however, macOS was formerly known as Mac OSX. So they are in fact the same operating system. There are some applications that are not backward compatible depending on the version of macOS. The latest version of macOS is Mojave (10.14.5) and the next version currently being tested is Catalina (10.15.X).

    And as I stated to you in my first reply, NOVA 2 will only run on iOS (operating system for iPhone and iPad).

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    We realize you're new to the Mac, however, macOS was formerly known as Mac OSX. So they are in fact the same operating system. There are some applications that are not backward compatible depending on the version of macOS. The latest version of macOS is Mojave (10.14.5) and the next version currently being tested is Catalina (10.15.X).

    And as I stated to you in my first reply, NOVA 2 will only run on iOS (operating system for iPhone and iPad).
    Thank you for the answers!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tenda Nova MW6 Mesh System - Thoughts?
    By Sawday in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2018, 07:11 AM
  2. Terra Nova fans?
    By Ttaylor394 in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 08:30 PM
  3. Art Explosion 750,000 (Nova Development)
    By hschaars in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 10:30 AM
  4. DC/Baltimore/NOVA strobist meet vid
    By Village Idiot in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
  5. EyeTV for DTT and WinTV Nova-T; SAME THING!
    By glosswhite in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 03:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •