Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Looking for a music app for Mac?
    Since I'm using a music app for Mac - called MusicPlus (MusicPlus - Music For Everyone), it's pretty good and convenient so far. it has been given me a best audio experience. I decided to use that because of its uniqueness. I have a question that: Are you guys really into an music app that is user-friendly or unique one? Apparently, each has different advantages/disadvantages. Which one do you guys choose?

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    A warm welcome to Mac-Forums. Thank you for your post.

As musical appreciation is so user-dependent and personal, perhaps a good starting point might be to peruse these links:

Top 8 Best Music Players for Mac 2019
    The Best Free Music Players for MacOS | Digital Trends
    Alternatives to iTunes: 5 Best Free Music Players for Mac OS X

I'm assuming that you don't care for iTunes?

Ian
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by samsmith View Post
    Since I'm using a music app for Mac - called MusicPlus (MusicPlus - Music For Everyone), it's pretty good and convenient so far.
    Can you perhaps explain more what this app does? The website for the app is pretty thin.
    Thanks!

I was recommended MusicPlus app for my Mac. You can listen to music and watch music video as well. It has lyrics for every song and you can sing along. Especially, it can block ads - no distraction while listening to music and a lots stuff I haven't explored yet. I saw that used for Mac and Windows.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    I was recommended MusicPlus app for my Mac. You can listen to music and watch music video as well. It has lyrics for every song and you can sing along. Especially, it can block ads - no distraction while listening to music and a lots stuff I haven't explored yet. I saw that used for Mac and Windows.
    Of course iTunes will do the same. You can download music to iTunes by various means: iTunes Store; Amazon; Online music companies eg Chandos, Hyperion and so on.

You can import music from CDs.

Much the same applies to videos. There are no Ads, of course when listening/watching via iTunes.

As for lyrics: Getlyrical app is one reliable way of matching music in iTunes to their lyrics.

If you went the full hog and subscribed to Apple Music, then the lyrics nearly always come with the songs.

All I'm really saying is that iTunes should not be ignored as it comes free as part of macOS (and iOS for that matter) and satisfies the music/video/podcast/iTunes University needs of many people.

Of course there many other apps that offer other ways of enjoying music/videos etc, and I posted Links to them in my first post #2.

Not that it's really any of my business, but I wonder why you sought out another app before trying iTunes first?

Ian
    Ian

I wonder as well why anyone would not try iTunes first.
    It is interesting to note that with macOS Catalina, iTunes will be splitted into 3 apps : Music, Apple TV, and Podcasts.

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    A music app that blocks ads? I don't understand this. If it's their own app, why does it have ads in the first place if it can block them? Is this just a repackaged web browser? Is it intercepting all traffic on your Mac to block ads in other apps/web browsers? They tout the ability to download tracks off YouTube, which I'm pretty sure is contrary to what YouTube officially allows. They also find "new songs" daily, but from where? They aren't a music service. I know there are legit free music sites, but there are far more illegitimate piracy ones. I wouldn't recommend or touch this app with a 10-foot pole. It's all looking very sketchy.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisabeach View Post
    A music app that blocks ads? I don't understand this. If it's their own app, why does it have ads in the first place if it can block them?
    Maybe we're talking about the kind of ads that appear in some of the free music services. Pandora, for example, has a free version (with ads) and another paid for version (no ads).
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Thread Information