Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Interesting Browser!
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.13.3 beta
    I can report that although I haven't tried the macOS Edge (beta) browser I am using it it sporadically on my iPhone and iPad and I've found it to be a pretty polished act as you might expect. Its controls are intuitive, simple, easy to use and access.

As for the UR Browser, I suppose it's a sign of the times that more and more security measures and mechanisms seem to be incorporated into our digital lives. The latest version of Firefox Quantum claims to include anti phishing and malware protection as well as regular automatic security updates. So it would be interesting to see a current evaluation of the UR Browser rather than an outdated one. If it truly provides a VPN as apposed to an unencrypted proxy and something other than a version of AdBlock Plus then it could indeed be a sort of "one stop shop' for people requiring intermittant additional security say overseas or for online financial transactions although I can't believe that any real VPN service could be provided free of charge.

As a browser its pretty basic and simple. Extensions are all via Chrome store so no surprises there, hard to compare it to the truly innovative Chromium based Vivaldi Browser with its multiple tab management and unique UI.

For my money the combination of a standalone "no logging" VPN like Express, Adguard and a tough flexible browser like Firefox is pretty difficult to beat.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

New Interesting Browser!
    Your Mac's Specs
    16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
    I’ll add another belated Happy Birthday, Harry.

And, thanks for the link, Randy. Will play with it when I get unburied from all of these boxes from moving . . .
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information