Last message typed in Messages re-appears in the text entry box when re-opening
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    I'm having a bizarre problem with Messages lately. I send a message to someone and it goes through just fine. Maybe even get a response back. Then I quit the app. When I re-open Messages, the last message I typed is in the text entry box waiting for me to send it (again). Has anyone experienced this? It's happening on both my iMac and MacBook Air, both running 10.14.4, so I'm inclined to believe it's a bug in the OS rather than some isolated user account problem.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

When I re-open Messages, the last message I typed is in the text entry box waiting for me to send it (again).

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer or solution for you, but it does seem that the problem has been with some users for some time according to this thread:
    iphone - Text Stuck in Message Field - Ask Different

Will the message you have typed and sent disappear for good if you can delete it before quitting Messages.app?

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    Do these "sent" messages sync across all of your devices? Are the receivers also using Apple, or are they using Windows/Android?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't have an answer or solution for you, but it does seem that the problem has been with some users for some time according to this thread:
    iphone - Text Stuck in Message Field - Ask Different

Will the message you have typed and sent disappear for good if you can delete it before quitting Messages.app?
    ======
    I'm only having the problem on my Macs. not on iDevices. And yes, it disappears for good if I clear the box and quit Messages.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Do these "sent" messages sync across all of your devices? Are the receivers also using Apple, or are they using Windows/Android?
    Mac/iOS users only so far. it doesn't appear to be syncing across my Macs... the possibility occurred to me as a bug with the "Messages in the Cloud" feature. Best guess at moment is a caching problem. I'm going to run Onyx to see if the cache cleaning clears it up.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information