Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

getting this too often
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacOS Mojave MacBookPro ( Retina,15 inches Late 2013 Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 16GB,
    getting this too often
    When I click link to youtube that shows video, I get pop pop like this below, I google and shows nothing.Hope someone can solved this, Some video works and some don't. Just thought of Java or Flash player casting this problem because I have Java off
    Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 6.05.49 PM.png
    Last edited by Dittoman1; 04-02-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    Thanks in Advance
    Ron

getting this too often
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Have you clicked on the “Learn More” link?

Sent from my iPhone
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

getting this too often
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacOS Mojave MacBookPro ( Retina,15 inches Late 2013 Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 16GB,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sprague View Post

Sent from my iPhone
    No I didnt, over look that, I cannot believe that, Thanks and will have to wait til it happens again. DOnt remember what was the last site
    Thanks in Advance
    Ron

getting this too often
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sprague View Post

Sent from my iPhone
    Found the site and clicked Learn More, did what it says, Use chrome so I open up Opera, dont work, Safari doesn't work so I tried restart and Still doesn't work on both browsers. My speed is very good so must be Java that is off, flash player is updated .
    Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 8.33.29 PM.png
    Last edited by Dittoman1; 04-02-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    Thanks in Advance
    Ron

getting this too often
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Unfortunately as you can see the "Get more info" or "Learn More" links aren't always very helpful.
    I don't begin to understand the technical aspects of this but there are some sites and content that Google Chrome can open while other browsers cannot. This is particularly true with Safari (I have found) and sometimes Opera. When it comes to social media streaming content you are much better off using Chrome or Firefox.
    I have all four as well as Waterfox, Vivaldi and Brave.
    Having said that Vivaldi is very good nowadays but you may find its a bit too different in function and setup. Chrome and Firefox are, on the other hand, very similar to Opera in function.
    These days I am using Safari as my default and keep Firefox as my alternative for content Safari can't handle. When all those fail I try Chrome.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

getting this too often
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Chrome has built in Flash. I suspect that what Ron is trying to view and gets an error may contain flash. There are streaming sites that won't work with Safari because Flash is turned off by default. When that happens, Chrome can usually show the video.

getting this too often
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Chrome has built in Flash. I suspect that what Ron is trying to view and gets an error may contain flash. There are streaming sites that won't work with Safari because Flash is turned off by default. When that happens, Chrome can usually show the video.
    Opera has build in Chrome and still does nt work. Do u mean Firewall turns off Flash by Default ?
    Thanks in Advance
    Ron

getting this too often
    Chrome has built in Flash. I suspect that what Ron is trying to view and gets an error may contain flash.
    I understood it was a java problem, but Chome stopped supporting it with v. 42 and later.

Starting with Chrome version 42, Chrome has disabled the standard way in which browsers support plugins
    Mac OS X information for installing and using Java

I also understood that youtube had also pretty well eliminated all Flash based videos and was using HTML5 or some such format.

- Patrick
    ======

getting this too often
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Do u mean Firewall turns off Flash by Default ?
    No. Flash is not provided with macOS by default. If you want flash, you have to install it. I don't recommend you do that, but if you decide to go ahead, make sure you get it directly from Adobe. There are lots of installers claiming to install Flash that are malware.
    Jake

getting this too often
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittoman1 View Post
    Found the site and clicked Learn More, did what it says, Use chrome so I open up Opera, dont work, Safari doesn't work so I tried restart and Still doesn't work on both browsers. My speed is very good so must be Java that is off, flash player is updated .
    Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 8.33.29 PM.png
    By any chance did you “restart your router” yet? If you did, then the next logical explanation is “this video is unavailable”.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thread Information