Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

enlarge image so that it spans multiple pages when printed
    First, my apologies for the awkward wording and lack of proper terminology.

I have images (could be jpeg, tiff, png) that I use as the "patterns" for stained glass projects. To date, I open them up in Preview, click File->Print, and just print examples with different Scale percentage values until I get what I can use. Of course, that limits me to a maximum project size equal to one piece of printer paper (ex, 8.5x11). Is there something that would allow me to print a bigger version of my image onto multiple pieces of paper that I could then tape together (ex, ~13"x17") ?? Something along the lines of what we did in the dark ages to print posters and banners. Ideally it would allow me to "see" the results of the rescaling without resorting to randomly changing values and doing test prints.

Thanks in advance. I've been searching for days, but you can imagine the number of unhelpful search results you get when your search has words like poster, print, image, and scale. :-). I even looked into just buying the pattern drawing software that my instructor uses in his business, but I can't find anything that supports Macs.

Oh, almost forgot: macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 on a MacBook Pro: 15-inch, 2017; 2.8G Intel i7; 16GB; Intel HD Graphics 630

Your Mac's Specs
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP Linux Mint 18
    I can get you partway there...
    In the print dialog, in the middle where it says "Auto Rotate", just under that tick "Scale". Next to that is a text box where you can put a percentage. For example, if your image is paper sized, put 200% in the box.
    Then in the drop down change it to "Layout" and select the number of pages. Otherwise all you'll get is one page of the image at 200% (or whatever).
    That make sense to you?
    Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent.

Thanks cradom, I have tried that approach. Unless, I'm misunderstanding your steps, they give the opposite results. The selection below Layout, is "Pages per Sheet", whereas I would need "Sheets per Page". That selection appears to be what you would use if you, for example, wanted to print 4 pages of a document on one side of one piece of printer paper. I, in effect, want to print 1 page of a document onto one side of four pieces of printer paper. Do you agree, or do you think I did it incorrectly?

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Not sure if this helps but most desktop publishing software allows the scaling up or down and printing "sheets per page" as you desire. Do you have any other software to use besides Preview?

chscag, I don't currently have any desktop publishing software - I only have what comes standard on a fresh, bare-bones MacBook Pro. I'll gladly purchase an app or software package, but I'd rather limit the expense because I suspect that I wouldn't be using the additional functionality found in an expensive solution.

Your Mac's Specs
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP Linux Mint 18
    Cant get much better than free: https://www.scribus.net/
    Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent.

Your Mac's Specs
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.12.6. iPhone 5 iOS 11.3.
    Have you got Text Edit or Pages or something similar where you can choose different page sizes? Choose a suitable size from the File>Page Setup>PaperSize option.

If you can't see one big enough, you can design your own with the Manage Custom Sizes option. You can then stretch out your picture and print on multiple pages using Split Print.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/spli...12574988?mt=12

Thread Information