Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Junk mail problems
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    @Patrick A couple of the chairs I've had in the past have used some solid tires. I'm not sure the ones I've used are the same ones you're talking about but my problem with that type of tore is this:
    1. When those tires come off the rim (doesn't happen often) or otherwise needs to be replaced it tends to be something that I can't do myself. There's some equipment that makes it easier to replace but I don't have that and have little use for purchasing it due to the few times I would use it. Ion that case when a repair is needed I'm stuck dealing with a local shop or driving an hour or more each way to get the repair done.

2. My current wheels have quick-release locking mechanisms on their similar to those on some bicycles. I have a spare set of rims for it since I saved the rims from my previous chair. If I'm n a real hurry I can remove the set currently on the chair and use the backup set. Maybe it's my imagination but I also find the ride a bit more comfortable with air in the tires as compared to riding with the hard rubber tires.

@Rod I've tried some of the puncture resistant tubes and not had very good luck with them. I have not tried them recently so purphaps they have improved. I haven't tried the Gorilla Snot product (great name BTW) but tried some of the others commonly used for car tires and did not have good luck with them. In reality, I don't get flats often (maybe have to replace them once a year unless I ran over something) so it's not much of an issue.
    ďHard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.Ē
    Kevin Durant

Junk mail problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    Maybe it's my imagination but I also find the ride a bit more comfortable with air in the tires as compared to riding with the hard rubber tires.
    Itís not your imagination. Most of the reviews Iíve read of solid bicycle tires say the same thing. The big volume of compressed air in a pneumatic tire provides much better cushioning than a solid tire.

Thread Information