Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Adobe CC resellers for individulas
    Are there any (trustworthy and reliable) authorized resellers of Adobe Creative Cloud out there? Without other resellers who, I assume, can get a special deal, Adobe can charge whatever it likes. For sole traders and small firms it gets prohibitively expensive shelling out annually/monthly for the ever increasing licence fees to use their products. I know of only one Adobe CC reseller who caters for multiple users or ‘Teams' and who is competitive - and a great service re other products for Mac - but they don't cater for sole traders when it comes to the licensing of Adobe CC

PS I tried to put this in the 'Images, Graphic Design and Digital Photography' section but I couldn't find it in the dropdown Categories menu - sorry!

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldes View Post
    PS I tried to put this in the 'Images, Graphic Design and Digital Photography' section but I couldn't find it in the dropdown Categories menu - sorry!
    Thread is best located in "OS X Apps & Games" (thread moved).

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldes View Post
    Are there any (trustworthy and reliable) authorized resellers of Adobe Creative Cloud out there? Without other resellers who, I assume, can get a special deal, Adobe can charge whatever it likes.
    Lots of places sell Adobe Creative Cloud products…just like there are quite a few places that sell Apple computers/devices other than Apple. But just like Apple hardware sold at other places than Apple.com or Apple Stores...this doesn't mean that you're going to get a significantly better deal on Adobe products at places other than Adobe.

Occasionally maybe you can a slightly better deal at other places…but it's not like it's going to be 25% or more less than Adobe.

By the way in case you didn't know (bonus information). In the retail world when stores have "special deals" or "special sales" on things…the supplier of the product is the one who pays for that special deal…not the retailer. When you see an Apple computer/device or Adobe product on sale somewhere other than Apple or Adobe…it's Apple or Adobe that pays for that price reduction (special deal).

Example. When an Apple computer is $100 less at Best Buy than the Apple Store…Apple is the one footing the bill for that $100 (not Best Buy).

- Nick
    Last edited by pigoo3; 06-16-2016 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    The last version of Adobes Creative Suite that was a standalone version was CS6. Adobe offered me a free trial for a year when they first came out with CC. At the time we had the world's slowest internet speed and using it was not productive due to a frequent need to update and connect to the "mother ship."

We are a non-profit with four computers running CS6. That was not a cheap purchase for us. Now they want us to pay monthly and I just can't justify it. Until it becomes a "must do" situation I will stick with CS6.

I have played with changing to Final Cut Pro but it does not offer some of the options I love - like integration with Photoshop, After Effects, and a separate encoding program that allows me to stack and hold videos for later.

I don't know of anyway to get CC any cheaper because Adobe has proprietary control to ensure a constant revenue stream. I get it but I still can't afford it.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Thread Information