Thread: Safari Problems

Safari Problems
    Anyone having issues with Safari not working with some websites, specifically banking web sites? Sometimes it will refuse to submit a page.
    Which means I have been using Chrome. Not sure I like Google, but is there a better browser considering there was recently some concerns about Firefox.
    I can't remember the exact details, except it was possibly something to do with data security.
    My Safari and OSX is up to date.

Safari Problems
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    If you're running 10.11.4, then you shouldn't be having issues with any web site. Try it from a different user account. Make another if you only have one.

Have you tried that site after a Restart recently?

Safari Problems
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Quote Originally Posted by neilf View Post
    Anyone having issues with Safari not working with some websites, specifically banking web sites? Sometimes it will refuse to submit a page.
    Which means I have been using Chrome. Not sure I like Google, but is there a better browser considering there was recently some concerns about Firefox.
    I can't remember the exact details, except it was possibly something to do with data security. My Safari and OSX is up to date.
    Safari should work on all websites except those poorly written to only accept IE or Firefox. Nothing wrong with using Chrome, however, make sure you've downloaded and installed the 64 bit version rather than the older 32 bit version which is less secure. Safari works fine with my bank (Wells Fargo, USA).

Safari Problems

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Safari should work on all websites except those poorly written to only accept IE or Firefox. Nothing wrong with using Chrome, however, make sure you've downloaded and installed the 64 bit version rather than the older 32 bit version which is less secure. Safari works fine with my bank (Wells Fargo, USA).
    Sadly, this is many of them. The smaller the bank (read: Regional), the more likely the interface will be shoddy.

I use Chrome (64 bit) and get very good results all around.

Safari Problems
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    YES I have had a issue logging into my Bank at times with Safari.

I have had to download Chrome for this one Website for me to log in without issues. I would go to http://mybank.com.au and then clicked eBanking. This would open a new window, where I would log on with a access ID and PW . . . When I clicked logon, it would load a page, then come up with blah, blah, blah, error occurred, please log in again, and this time it would.
    I hated having to enter login details twice/thrice so I moved to Chrome for Banking now, or more so, I just use the iOS App now
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Specifically what mac and OS X version are you running? OS X El Capitan (10.11) is the current OS X version. If you are using an older version of OS X, then the Safari that is included with the OS will not be the most up to date version.
    Safari is 9.1
    OSX is 10.11.4

Safari Problems
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade Drive, OS X.15.4,.
    Any chance you are running AV software Neil?
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Any chance you are running AV software Neil?
    No. No AV software.

Safari Problems
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    You skipped over the second post (mine). If you've tried those things and they didn't work, there could be other things to try, based on your results. If you didn't try those things, they cannot be ruled out as a solution to your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
    You skipped over the second post (mine). If you've tried those things and they didn't work, there could be other things to try, based on your results. If you didn't try those things, they cannot be ruled out as a solution to your issue.
    Haven't had a chance to try a new user account yet.
    Have restarted and tried the sites again, but still the same.
    Strange though that I am finding that Chrome does not have these issues. Would much prefer to use Safari, but if it doesn't work where Chrome does work, then I have no choice but to use the browser which works.

Thread Information