How to blow $100?
    So, I have $100 gift card to blow at the AppStore. As far as I know, I have all of the applications I need, and I have no desire to buy music on-line (if I'm paying, I want a CD).

I'm pretty stuck in my ways - I only recently gave up Eudora (and even then, only because it wasn't viable under Lion). I don't really participate in the "digital lifestyle" (I think the various iOS devices are as lame as Facebook). I don't care about social anything when it comes to using a computer - if I want someone to see something, I'll just email it. I don't text (I'm lucky if I even know where my crappy old cell phone is most of the time). I tend to visit the same 10 or so websites all the time (mostly news sites). In general, I've been using the same apps forever. It's possible there may be some really useful out there - most from what I can tell, most of the cutting edge apps that get so much praise (and this includes most of the "enhancements" to OS X) are crap, useless (to me) and a waste of time (to me).

So, that said - any suggests for TRULY USEFUL applications I can blow up to $100 on at the appstore, for my new MBP?

On other alternative is to try selling the card for $75 or something, but it seems more reasonable to get some software with it.

How to blow 0?
    Your Mac's Specs
    16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
    There are always books too from the iTunes Book Store.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    There are always books too from the iTunes Book Store.
    If I am going to read a book, I want a physical book (just like I want a CD for music). As it is, I'm about 15 books deep on my bookshelf in terms of things waiting to be read. But thank you for the suggestion, it is a good one, generally speaking.

Well, looks like "Tune Sweeper" will use up $20 worth.

Anything else?

How to blow 0?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    Definitely spend $3 on the full version of Desktop Aquarium. I've seen a lot of aquarium desktop backgrounds over the years, but this one is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen. There's a free version with a 30 second loop if you want to check it out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post
    Definitely spend $3 on the full version of Desktop Aquarium. I've seen a lot of aquarium desktop backgrounds over the years, but this one is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen. There's a free version with a 30 second loop if you want to check it out first.
    What does it do?

I just got Tune Sweeper, so now I have $80 left to blow.

How to blow 0?
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Cant go beyond 1Password for Mac and IOS

Send to

BJ Ribits
    34 Knoxs way
    Philanders
    WA
    Aust 44578 For all intentional purposes, this isnt my real address, so please dont send

Ill help spend !!!!!
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Cant go beyond 1Password for Mac and IOS
    Yeah, I'm considering that one. It's $50 though, so it will chew up a chunk. Not out of contention - I just want to see what else is out there, and I don't have the time to go "browsing" through a gazillion apps looking for the few useful ones.

Man...iTunes Sweeper is SLOW!!!! Three hours just to bring up the list of dupes! At the rate it is going, it's going to take at least 3 hours to delete the dupes too....and on new MBP 17" too.

Just use it on music in the iTunes store....Your balance carries over to iTunes as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Z mannn R2 View Post
    Just use it on music in the iTunes store....Your balance carries over to iTunes as well....
    Would have helped if you read the op's initial post - if he wants music, he buys CDs.

Why spend $50.00???
    Quote Originally Posted by anynamewilldo View Post
    Yeah, I'm considering that one. It's $50 though, so it will chew up a chunk. Not out of contention - I just want to see what else is out there, and I don't have the time to go "browsing" through a gazillion apps looking for the few useful ones.
    I use Password Wallet by Selznick and it's fairly complete for $20 plus $5 for the iPhone app (which you won't need).

I bought it way back when it was $10 and it's always been free upgrades. Looks to me like it does everything 1password does.

It's a little tricky to learn to sync to phones but once you get the process, it's simple. Of course, in your case that's not an issue.

Thread Information