Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

word processing app, syncing IOS4 and LION
    I am an amateur novelist. The ultimate goal is to be able to use a word processing program and syncing the work between my Macbook Air running Lion and my iPhone running IOS4. I need to be able to save documents in different formats on my mac, so that I can send them to editors. I have done some research, but don't want to buy a bunch of software to experiment. My thinking is that the current most simple way to do this is with google docs since iCloud is not out yet. Right now I am using open office because it has a really nice thesaurus. I do not have a problem buying pages for both machines, but I don't want to if that is not the best solution. Thank you so much for taking the time to advise me what would work the best. I am new to MAC.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by bkitchen0406 View Post
    I am an amateur novelist. The ultimate goal is to be able to use a word processing program and syncing the work between my Macbook Air running Lion and my iPhone running IOS4. I need to be able to save documents in different formats on my mac, so that I can send them to editors. I have done some research, but don't want to buy a bunch of software to experiment. My thinking is that the current most simple way to do this is with google docs since iCloud is not out yet. Right now I am using open office because it has a really nice thesaurus. I do not have a problem buying pages for both machines, but I don't want to if that is not the best solution. Thank you so much for taking the time to advise me what would work the best. I am new to MAC.
    For now, you can use PadSync and use the word processing apps of your choice. Once iCloud is live (presumably with the launch iOS 5, expected in September?), you "shouldn't" need PadSync anymore, though who knows… maybe it'll still be prove to be more useful.
    PadSync: The Missing File Sync for the iPad

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information