Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moving photos from iMac to iPhone
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    This, should be free and secure, which it's not.
    What makes you say that? iCloud, for small numbers of files, should work. Apple provides 5GB of free iCloud storage, which should allow a sync of Photos between iPhone and Mac. And if you need more, iCloud is fairly inexpensive. As for secure, iCloud is one of the more secure systems, using 2FA to gain access. So, for small needs, it is free and secure. For larger needs, it's inexpensive and secure.

And did Finder not work? If it didn't, what did you do and what did it do? You still haven't told us what you have tried and what happened. We're in a bit of the same position as a doctor to whom you only say "It hurts," without saying what "it" is nor what you mean by "hurts." Can't do much with nothing.
    Jake

This is good but so there is no way to add photos from iMac to iPhone using only Apple software?

Really???

How about this???:
    Part 1: Transfer photos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
    4 Ways to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone with/without iTunes- dr.fone

Seems like default Mac OSX Apple software ca do what you want to do unless I have misunderstood something.

Maybe check out the site and maybe the method will work for you.

- Patrick
    ======

Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    What makes you say that? iCloud, for small numbers of files, should work. Apple provides 5GB of free iCloud storage, which should allow a sync of Photos between iPhone and Mac. And if you need more, iCloud is fairly inexpensive. As for secure, iCloud is one of the more secure systems, using 2FA to gain access. So, for small needs, it is free and secure. For larger needs, it's inexpensive and secure.

And did Finder not work? If it didn't, what did you do and what did it do? You still haven't told us what you have tried and what happened. We're in a bit of the same position as a doctor to whom you only say "It hurts," without saying what "it" is nor what you mean by "hurts." Can't do much with nothing.
    I understand what you are getting at, I really do.

5GB of space and pay for more? I like Apple I really do which is why I spent thousands of dollars and feel I should be able to move my photos from my iMac to my iPhone without having to pay for iCloud service or 3rd party software services to do so, period.

As for the rest, already tried it.
    Last edited by pigoo3; 03-23-2020 at 09:51 AM. Reason: masked inappropriate language

Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    Really???

How about this???:
    Part 1: Transfer photos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
    4 Ways to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone with/without iTunes- dr.fone

Seems like default Mac OSX Apple software ca do what you want to do unless I have misunderstood something.

Maybe check out the site and maybe the method will work for you.

- Patrick
    ======
    Hey! You're ruining it for me. Give me some time to look threw your links. Although I like to think of myself as smart, I am slow at reading links. lol
    Last edited by MagicMac; 03-23-2020 at 12:46 AM.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    If you go into Photos on your Mac, do you have the option to add the photos you want to share to "My Photo Stream"? Depends on the quality and quantity, it may take some time to sync between devices, so maybe just try one at first, to see when/if it shows up?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Maybe I missed it when I read the thread earlier but could you explain what methods you have already tried (including the steps)? I know you have a good bit of experience with Macs but it's easy to skip steps sometimes.

I once spent about two hours attempting to connect several mis to my G5 before I realized that the computer had a line level input (which would not work without an adapter).
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

As for the rest, already tried it.

Gheese, I almost forgot the most obvious and simple method using one of Apple's macOS X default applications: Image Capture

Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac
    Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac - Apple Support

That should give you multiple choices of what to use and how to do the photo transfer you are wanting to do. And with all native Apple applications.

- Patrick
    ======

I use airdrop, work perfect in both ways, from Imac to iPhone and iPhone to iMac.

Your Mac's Specs
    27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    I use iCloud photos, but I think if you attach the iPhone to the Mac, then look for the iPhone in the sidebar of Finder, there is a tab labelled "Photos" where I think you can put and take photos from the Mac to the iPhone and vice-versa. As I said, I use iCloud, so that function is disabled for me.
    Could he have iCloud enabled? Not much to go on as he does not give details.

Pete

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Quote Originally Posted by jocarot View Post
    I use airdrop, work perfect in both ways, from Imac to iPhone and iPhone to iMac.
    Thanks. I second that suggestion, it works as long as both devices are in close proximity and on the same network. I use that method often and it has always worked well.

Thread Information