Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

iPhone not charging

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 2014 OS X 10.15.1, 2012 10.12.6;2 iPhones iOS 13.2.3;iPads 12.4.3;iWatch_1 4.3.2;If
    iPhone not charging
    Suddenly my iPhone SE wonít charge. Iíve tried different leads so it must be iPhone. Is this fixable?

iPhone not charging
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    It might be a dead or bad battery. Download the free coconut battery app and check the battery.

iPhone not charging
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    And it might be the wall unit, not the cable or phone. So +1 for what chscag suggests. Test the battery.
    Jake

iPhone not charging
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    It could even be a power board (if you use one) or the wall outlet itself. Best to eliminate them all.
    If you have a car charger, check if it charges on that.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

iPhone not charging

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 2014 OS X 10.15.1, 2012 10.12.6;2 iPhones iOS 13.2.3;iPads 12.4.3;iWatch_1 4.3.2;If
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    It might be a dead or bad battery. Download the free coconut battery app and check the battery.
    Thanks; I had noticed that the battery seemed to be running down fast. I followed the link and note that it is an OS app. To clarify then, once I have downloaded it I will have to sync my iPhone with iTunes using WiFi to check the battery?

I turned my iPhone off last night with a charge reading of over 60% so hope it lights up and syncs okay.
    Yesterday I booked a slot at my local Apple Store for the middle of next week.

Today, after several attempts to contact our local Apple store I finally spoke to an Apple agent and spent half an hour trying to get an answer to a simple question: 'how much would a battery replacement cost?' I wasn't at home at the time and, without a magnifying glass, was unable to read the IMEI number. Why is all this necessary when there must be a standard replacement charge.

On my way home I called in at my local Tesco supermarket and walked to the Timpson counter (for the benefit of stateside folk Timpson do shoe repairs, replacement keys and cellphone repairs). I waited while the guy behind the counter was sanding down a shoe repair.

He took one look at my iPhone, stuck a small screwdriver into the charging slot and withdrew a bunch of accumulated fluff, plugged it in and, hey presto, it immediately started to charge. He also showed me that I had some digital garbage in the form of open windows that were using up a lot of battery, pages and pages of them. All he wanted me to do next time I visit the store was to put a counter in the charity box. Oh and, by the way, their charge for replacing the battery £29.95 ($36.80).
    Last edited by Alwyn; 09-28-2019 at 10:22 AM.

iPhone not charging
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Just attach your SE to your Mac and coconut battery should be able to see it and render a battery health check. Not necessary to sync it.

iPhone not charging
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Mojave; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    I had a similar panic a copleof days ago and had forgotten that it can take several minutes for the phone to come alive, after connecting the charging cable, after being run down completely. Advice online was to do a hard reset but it didn't come to that.
    Sue

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

iPhone not charging
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    I believe iMazing also has Battery info in one of the iMazing Mini sub menus. Iím not near my Mac Mini, but I will look later today.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thread Information