Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

5 months no Apple Pay.
    So Iíve been on a 5 month journey with support, verizon, my bank and visa. I had an iPhone 8 and got a replacement from asurian. The replacement was started with my iCloud backup. Apple Pay never worked on it. After a few months I upgraded to an XR and started fresh from iTunes and still couldnít add a card to Apple Pay. I press the plus in the wallet and it spins and says cannot add card or cannot contact Apple Pay. I donít get the option to pick or add a card, just a plus sign and an error message. They tell me the engineers have been looking at it but, itís been 3 months of that. Any ideas? Iíve done all the normal and extreme trouble shooting. Thanks.

5 months no Apple Pay.
    Back up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud. Go ahead and do a restore to factory settings. Now, go ahead and set it up as a new phone minimally. Do not restore a backup or install any apps, immediately go and see if you can add a new card to Wallet. If that works, then go ahead and restore your backup from iTunes or iCloud and if the card disappeared from Wallet, try adding it again. If the card is there, try adding a new card and see what happens.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysunjm View Post
    So Iíve been on a 5 month journey with support, verizon, my bank and visa. I had an iPhone 8 and got a replacement from asurian. The replacement was started with my iCloud backup. Apple Pay never worked on it. After a few months I upgraded to an XR and started fresh from iTunes and still couldnít add a card to Apple Pay. I press the plus in the wallet and it spins and says cannot add card or cannot contact Apple Pay. I donít get the option to pick or add a card, just a plus sign and an error message. They tell me the engineers have been looking at it but, itís been 3 months of that. Any ideas? Iíve done all the normal and extreme trouble shooting. Thanks.
    I appreciate it. Thatís exactly what I did last night. It was the last thing the Apple advisor could think of. Same issue persisted.

5 months no Apple Pay.
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Sign out of iCloud, on all your iCloud enabled devices. That includes all iPhones, iPads, iPods, and macOS or winOS PC's, that you are signed into your iCloud ID with. You will have to turn off the "Find My Device" location services to do this.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Sign out of iCloud, on all your iCloud enabled devices. That includes all iPhones, iPads, iPods, and macOS or winOS PC's, that you are signed into your iCloud ID with. You will have to turn off the "Find My Device" location services to do this.
    That’s another good one. I appreciate any possible options but we did that one. I do believe it’s an Apple account issue but have no proof. Could be something else I haven’t run across.

Thread Information