Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

iphone 6s plus can start when power on off button pressed but cannot proceed to passcode number page

Your Mac's Specs
    2013 ,15" MBPR, 2.3GHZ i7, 8GB DDR3, 250GB SSD, Sierra 10.12.2
    iphone 6s plus can start when power on off button pressed but cannot proceed to passcode number page
    It just goes black and doesn't even give opportunity to switch it off. l tried the procedures at If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won'''t turn on or is frozen - Apple Support
    it definitely isn't because there is no charge left in the battery, as the white screen with the black apple logo appears as if normal switch on. but l do know the condition of the battery is poor needing replacing. could replacing the battery fix this problem?

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.13.3 beta
    If you really have tried all of the suggestions on the linked page you provided there are no other suggestions I can think of. What happens if you turn it off then plug it into power?

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Your Mac's Specs
    I don't have opportunity to switch it off, it switches on as if normal but before the passcode numbers appear, it just switches itself off, plugged in or not. there is a shop that replace iphone batteries without having to wipe out the hard drive, perhaps worth a try? suggestions?

Your Mac's Specs
    I imagine youíve tried plugging it into a computer to see if it can be synced. If that didnít work and youíve tried everything else then yes, thatís probably your only remaining option.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    it definitely isn't because there is no charge left in the battery, as the white screen with the black apple logo appears as if normal switch on
    That behavior is what happens when the battery is totally flat. The screen stays dark until the charge is improved to 1-2% and then a battery icon appears with a single red line showing it barely above zero. It won't boot until there is a certain minimum charge in the battery. You have not said, but what happens if you put it on a charger, power it up, let it go black and then just wait a while? It can take a bit for the battery to get enough charge to let it display anything at all.
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    The suggestions on the link provided by the OP include that so as I said if all of those suggestions have been followed then I can only assume the battery is dead. That surprises me though, usually it's a slow progressive process of deterioration. Perhaps it's a power circuit issue or the charge cable is faulty (always a strong possibility worth eliminating) and I think also covered in the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Yeah, I knew that, Rod, but the OP's statement that, "it definitely isn't because there is no charge left in the battery, as the white screen with the black apple logo appears as if normal switch on" simply is not true. The Apple does appear for a brief time, even with a supposedly dead battery, as long as there is any residual power in it, then the screen goes black to allow ALL external power to feed the battery to get it off the floor. So I posed my question just to make sure the OP doesn't persist in thinking the battery is fine and charged just because the apple logo shows up for a few seconds.
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    The suggestions on the link provided by the OP include that so as I said if all of those suggestions have been followed then I can only assume the battery is dead. That surprises me though, usually it's a slow progressive process of deterioration. Perhaps it's a power circuit issue or the charge cable is faulty (always a strong possibility worth eliminating) and I think also covered in the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums
    there were signs that battery is near its end, because sometimes it be like 30% left but switch off, until power it up again, but this was sporadic, as most of the time it goes down to ~10% before it would easily just power off until charge up. l have tried another cable, even though the initial cable was fine, as charges ipads and other iphones fine. the other cable is just the same. it powers it up and then it just goes black out after the white screen and black apple icon appear. it definitely not because the battery is flat. connecting to my mbpr itunes or power plug has the same results l think a new battery (from a small private shop that fixes mobiles, laptops incl apple) is the only option. suggestions?

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    suggestions?
    Yes. Quit fooling around with it and get the battery replaced before you mess the phone up and need a new one.

Thread Information