Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone6 battery

iPhone6 battery

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro
    iPhone6 battery
    Wife's iPhone6 doesn't hold its charge very long.

Any suggestions on how to analyze the phone?

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Take it to Apple and let them use their analysis. Right now until the end of the year you can have the battery replaced by Apple for $29.00. Don't pass that up because the regular price is $49.00.

Nothing to analyze, your iPhone 6 battery has reached it limit and needs to be replaced. My iPhone 6S went through a similar thing until I replaced it last weekend. It would go from 100% battery charge to 80% within about 20 mins of usage and dropped fast. I got a new iPhone XS which now drops to about 65% at the end of the day after fairly active use.

If you want to keep the iPhone 6, you'll need to get the battery replaced.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    I got a new iPhone XS which now drops to about 65% at the end of the day after fairly active use.
    Hey Ashwin...

How do you like the OLED screen? Seems there have been complaints from some users that the screen shifts colors depending on the way you view it. I really like the size of the Xs when compared with the larger model XsMax and even the Xr which has a 6.1" screen.

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Hey Ashwin...

How do you like the OLED screen? Seems there have been complaints from some users that the screen shifts colors depending on the way you view it. I really like the size of the Xs when compared with the larger model XsMax and even the Xr which has a 6.1" screen.
    For us the OLED screen was the deciding factor. The difference was much more noticeable than I expected (at least for us). I haven't noticed any color shifting yet but I haven't been doing things to push the screen capabilitles either.

I just couldn't justify the cost of the Max version. Now if someone else were paying that would b e different.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Hey Ashwin...

Charlie, the OLED display is great and I haven't seen any issues with it at all. I bought a case and glass screen protector and of course dropped the phone a day after owning it, and the screen protector cracked (good thing it was a 3-pack ) but the phone was completely fine.

I've been totally amazed by how well the Face ID has been working, flawless every time so far.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    I have to agree about the screen protectors. I've had one on the lasst couple of phones I've owned. When the Verizon rep looked at my 8+ to determine trade in value it looked like I had three noticeably visible cracks in the screen. She removoed the screen protector to reveal a pristine iPhone screen.My wife got the 6S shortly after it came out and had the same screen protector in place until we traded the phone in for an XS. The phone and screen protector were still in mnt condition.
    Kevin Durant

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    I use the Zagg screen protectors on all our iPhones and they are well worth the cost. Just be careful not to drop the phone and have it land on its back and crack the back glass. If that should happen, you're likely looking at a new phone since the entire case has to be replaced. My understanding is that Apple just replaces the entire phone. Assuming of course you purchased Apple Care +.

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2013 13" MBAir, 2010 MacPro, iPhone X
    Sly - when did you change to Yosemite Sam? I mean like Yosemite Sam is the MAN! And he is sporting a ten gallon hat! Modeling one of yours?

Anyway, I did get the Max - old eyes love the extra screen. I sold my X back to Apple which helped offset the price a lot. I love the OLED screen and have not seen the shifting, yellowing, bluing or what ever other issues I have seen people complain about. I also have not had any issues with lightning cable charging, connecting to make a call, dropped calls etc. Since I live in God's country and the utility companies have never seen fit to provide adequate cell service, I can say both my husbands 8, my X and now my MAX all no issues making or holding calls.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    I changed to Sam within the last day or two. Not too long after the animated avatar options became available. I was never a big fan of Sam. In fact, about the only thing we have in common is dislike of a certain bunny who shall remain nameless.
    Kevin Durant

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    Don't believe him Lisa. He's just showing off his 10 gallon hat. LOL

And by the way.... take a look at the great animated avatars that Nick has added to the data base. The old ones were not only a bit corny but also well worn. Pick a new avatar Lisa, one that you like.

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    A new avatar - oh the pressure!

Lisa
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

iPhone6 battery
    Quote Originally Posted by lclev View Post
    A new avatar - oh the pressure!

Lisa

Is this now showing that you are now representing a small young devil's advocate???

- Patrick
    ======

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    Actually we named our media department at church Demon Proof Productions and that avatar reminded me of our little demon we use in our logo. . It works - for now.

Lisa

iPhone6 battery
    Your Mac's Specs
    Nice choice. You're lucky I saw Sam first.
    Kevin Durant

Thread Information