Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Screen protector - did its job!
    To me a tempered glass screen saver is well worth the few pounds! Dropped my iPhone SE yesterday, screen saver shattered but phone screen un touched!
    £5 well spent! IMG_4617.jpg

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Bravo. Point well made.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Those screen protectors are worth the cost. We have had one on my wife's iPhone for some time now and it has definitely saved her phone from screen damage.

Good point and good planning that paid off.

PS: From the general clarity of it, it looks like it was just about ready for replacement.
    And I didn't think they were usually that expensive, but still worth the price eh.

EDIT: Please forget my last comment, my brains monetary conversion cells were sound asleep and disconnected from reality!!!

- Patrick
    ======
    Last edited by pm-r; 09-22-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Your Mac's Specs
    The one that I purchased for my wife's iPhone was made by Zagg and I believe was around $12 plus another $8 to have a technician at Best Buy to install it. The lady tech who installed it did a great job much better than I would have. No bubbles and you can hardly notice it's on the phone. By the way, the Zagg screen protectors are warranted.

I use JRTech having read many reviews on dozens of them. The broken one was on the phone for about two years.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    My daughter recently made an appointment at the local Apple genius bar to have the cracked screens on her new iPhone X and also the screen on her daughter's iPhone 7 replaced. She gave the phones to the genius and he proceeded to peel off the glass screen protectors to reveal perfectly in tacked phone screens. Needless to say she was a bit embarrassed. She also put new screen protectors on both phones!

I will say, in her defense, when one of the glass protectors get damaged it does look like the phone screen is cracked.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

She gave the phones to the genius and he proceeded to peel off the glass screen protectors to reveal perfectly in tacked phone screens. Needless to say she was a bit embarrassed.

That's sort of funny but easy to forget they were installed at some point.

Too bad the genius guy didn't have a bit more magicians and/or theatrical aptitude as he could have put on quite a dramatic "fix" performance.

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    That's sort of funny but easy to forget they were installed at some point.

Too bad the genius guy didn't have a bit more magicians and/or theatrical aptitude as he could have put on quite a dramatic "fix" performance.

- Patrick
    ======
    Knowing her some sales person said "do you want one" and she said "yes" not really thinking about it. Also in the past screen protectors were a film. These glass ones blend so well and look very convincingly like a cracked glass until you remove it and see just what happened.

I have always been amazed how people get an expensive smart phone and do not put it in a case or put a screen protector on it. I can see skipping the screen protector as they use to be hard to put on and have them look good. But now the new glass ones look good and are much easier to put on. But no case?

I have a friend who has young kids. She has replaced her screen twice now because she or one of her kids dropped it. She just doesn't like cases. I guess she like paying for new screens.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Your Mac's Specs
    With the new 2018 "X" iPhones, if you drop one and the back glass cracks, the entire iPhone case will need to be replaced. It's not only the screen which is made of glass, it's also the back case because of wireless charging. Some folks have already dropped their new phones and Apple has charged them for a new case. That's why the price for Apple Care has gone up to $200.

With the new 2018 "X" iPhones, if you drop one and the back glass cracks, the entire iPhone case will need to be replaced. It's not only the screen which is made of glass, it's also the back case

Excellent advice and WARNING for such users!!!

- Patrick
    ======

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    I can say from experience that it's definitely worth the few extra bob to have the tech/salesperson fit the product, that way if you're not happy you can get them to reapply or even replace the screen protector on the spot. Certianly a better job than I could do.
    As for people who seem to have money to burn, I saw a woman in a queue in the bank recently give her iPhone to her toddler in a stroller as a a pacifier who promptly stuck one corner in his mouth then after slobbering on it for a few minutes threw it on the floor only to have his mother pick it up and give it back. Ah well, as my father would have said, "Some people seem to have more money than sense." I wonder if the new iPhone X moisture resistance was tested with saliva?
    Don't be an April Fool: WORLD BACKUP DAY MARCH 31st

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Hey Charlie were those reports of cracked phone backs coming from people who had their phones in cases? I ask because my wife may be in the market for a new phone soon.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    They didn't say. But since the back on the iPhone X and the new 2018 X iPhones are glass, dropping them with case on or no case can shatter the glass. Replacing the entire case of the new phones can be expensive which is why you really need Apple Care Plus. By the way, the new Apple Care Prices will make your hair stand on end. LOL

Replacing the entire case of the new phones can be expensive which is why you really need Apple Care Plus. By the way, the new Apple Care Prices will make your hair stand on end.
    And then add the "service fee" onto the cost, but still cheaper than without.
    AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $39 for screen damage, or $129 for any other damage, plus applicable tax.

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information