iphone 6 won't restore from backup. need help.
    Hi folks, hoping you can help me. So i had an iphone 4s 16gb. I upgraded yesterday to an iphone 6 16gb(only size in stock). i traded in my old phone, and had always done regular backups.

when i go to "restore from backup" when the iphone 6 is connected to itunes, i get an error saying that "the device does not have sufficient space". there's nothing on it, other than the OS. its brand new. my 16gb 4s held all my data. i need to restore my apps, contacts, etc. i don't need all the photos and videos on there, but i can't find a way to restore selectively. i'm stuck.

how do i get this to restore in any fashion(with or without any songs/videos/pictures)? thanks.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Part of the problem is that your new iPhone 6 has iOS 8 installed and more included apps which take up more space than what you had on your 4S. You can restore your apps manually by downloading them again from the iTunes store. Contacts will sync automatically with iCloud from your contacts app on your Mac. What else other than that do you want to restore since you say you don't need the photos and videos? Things like messages are not included in the backup.

thanks for the help.

i always did syncs/backup in itunes, never in icloud. when i open the contacts app on my laptop, there's nothing there...

is there any way to do a restore without the media? i had like 60-70 apps on my phone. honestly, if i have to manually do this, i'm just gonna return this phone or find a cheap 4s or something. i unfortunately don't have the time to pull off a manual recreation of the phone...

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    If you have your new 6 attached to iTunes and it's telling you there is no room, then there is no room. Why don't you return the 16 GB 6 and wait for a 32 GB model to become available? You'll probably have to fork over some more $$ but then you'll be able to fit everything as before. If you're willing to return the 6 and find another 4s, there should be no problem waiting for a 32 GB model to become available. Use a dumb phone while you're waiting.

Thread Information