Unhappy my iPad Pro won't charge :(
    Hey guys. I have a really really frustrating problem with my 12.9 3rd gen iPad Pro!
    all of a sudden, out of nowhere it stopped getting a charge ! it happened yesterday, was watching Netflix with a type-c to hdmi adapter, on my tv and then I come to plug it in with my original 18w and 1m type c cable, and no charge! I try a different cable, 2m original apple type c cable, I try a spare 18w wall adapter that I have, I try basically every socket in my house, I try plugging into my Mac, nothing, no charge! battery just going down! I preformed a full restore from my Mac, completely wiped the iPad and installed the latest OS and still nothing.
    currently has about 10%. now the really odd thing is, the iPad is able to still charge my iPhone, its able to read my hard drive, everything output related from the type c socket is working, but doesn't matter what I do, it doesn't charge!
    anyone encountered a problem like this ever? I contacted apple support chat and they told me to take it into the store but its a weekend now and I'm trying to solve it at home. really helpless, any ideas would be more than welcome !
    thanks

my iPad Pro won't charge :(
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    Maybe something became lodged inside the charge port? Or maybe a pin/connector has bent? Can you look into the port with a light and magnifier?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Any chance that you are experience a general power outage and your whole house is down???

Patrick
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Maybe something became lodged inside the charge port? Or maybe a pin/connector has bent? Can you look into the port with a light and magnifier?
    well I did try to clean it with no avail, there's no dirt or anything inside and as I've said, as an output the port works perfectly! I can screen to to the tv with an adapter, charge my phone, plug in a hardware, sync with iTunes,, anything except charging!
    I did look into it now with a flashlight and a zoom from my iPhone camera and everything looks clean and normal with the connector... its really so weird... I can take a video of that if it'll be any help..
    thanks for the reply

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    Any chance that you are experience a general power outage and your whole house is down???

Patrick
    ----------
    no, all the power outlets are working perfectly fine, I can charge different devices with the same charger, everything would charge from the same spot with the same wall adapter and cable except for the iPad!

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    I can take a video of that if it'll be any help.
    Maybe, but only a photo would be needed. Just looking to see if anything is bent, as charging uses different connectors than regular data input output.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Maybe, but only a photo would be needed. Just looking to see if anything is bent, as charging uses different connectors than regular data input output.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

seems to look normal I think...

Thread Information