MBAmtloin
    iPad Recovery Advice
    i gave you point or something good.
    i am in a dilemma, my ipad g5 2017 32GB USB innards are no more, should i replace that with a new one a credit or pay $249 for repairs?
    I have 1200 comics i drew on the Ipad (saved on 2 laptops) through a program that does not recover data anymore meaning either I repair the ipad or lose all that work.
    i have not used that ipad in over 2 months but miss drawing on the thing because i got great results.
    as far as a apple pencil i never used on on my ipad an would not on the new one.
    any suggestions are helpful, even those suggesting i get a surface go instead.

iPad Recovery Advice
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Obviously, if you can not afford to lose any of your cartoons, then repairing is your only option. However, how do you know that the repair won't wipe all your data on the iPad? Why haven't you been making backups to your Mac or to the cloud?

And yes, the Microsoft Surface Go is a nice machine and since it also runs Windows "S" would be convenient. $400.00 plus cost for pen and cover. (Made in China also.)
    Last edited by chscag; 01-01-2020 at 03:06 AM.

iPad Recovery Advice
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.15.5 beta
    Quote Originally Posted by MBAmtloin View Post
    i
    i am in a dilemma, my ipad g5 2017 32GB USB innards are no more, should i replace that with a new one a credit or pay $249 for repairs?
    I have 1200 comics i drew on the Ipad (saved on 2 laptops) through a program that does not recover data anymore meaning either I repair the ipad or lose all that work.
    Can you elaborate on this a bit? Saved on two laptops implies that you have a backup but the second part suggests that the backup was done with a program that is no longer working. Assume for a moment that you could recover the files stored on the two laptops, how many drawings are left on the iPad with no backup?
    I can wire anything directly into anything. Iím the Professor

Prof Hubert Farnsworth

Mac-Forums Facebook page

Thread Information