Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Podcasts on iPad no longer visible in iTunes
    When I connect my 5th gen iPad (13.2.3) to my 2019 iMac (Mojave 10.14.6) I cannot see any of my recently downloaded podcasts, only some very old ones. The subscribed podcasts are visible but not the episodes, is this a result of the new Podcast app on iOs? If so, is there any way to see and manage them on the iMac or will I have to install Catalina?
    Thanks in advance.

Well you can install Catalina on your new Mac thats why you brought the latest version. Take note that it's all 64bit all the way and higher security for the OS and your data. Your 32bit printer driver may not work or not be available after, but I have no problems with the Brother printer driver. Also the colour Epson photo printer has 64bit drivers released now so all sweet, highly recommended to upgrade.

Catalina now has its own separate application, "Podcasts", have a search in Finder or "Spotlight" to see if they have been relocated to a different folder.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    When I connect my 5th gen iPad (13.2.3) to my 2019 iMac (Mojave 10.14.6) I cannot see any of my recently downloaded podcasts, only some very old ones. The subscribed podcasts are visible but not the episodes, is this a result of the new Podcast app on iOs? If so, is there any way to see and manage them on the iMac or will I have to install Catalina?
    Thanks in advance.
    I don't think you need to Upgrade to macOS Catalina.

If you go into iTunes and select Podcasts (instead of Music), it will show the headings of all your Podcasts, but not usually the "episodes". To see these, you should click on the heading and redownload the whole series.

This applies to Sierra, High Sierra and macOS Mojave. (I also believe that applies to macOS Catalina, but I haven't Upgraded to that yet).

Ian
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    I don't think you need to Upgrade to macOS Catalina.

If you go into iTunes and select Podcasts (instead of Music), it will show the headings of all your Podcasts, but not usually the "episodes". To see these, you should click on the heading and redownload the whole series.

This applies to Sierra, High Sierra and macOS Mojave. (I also believe that applies to macOS Catalina, but I haven't Upgraded to that yet).

Ian
    Hi Ian
    I am referring to the listing of podcast episodes in the podcast section of “On my device” in iTunes when connected by cable, this used to show all episodes on the iPad but no longer does, just the headings.
    Thanks, Gren

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    The subscribed podcasts are visible but not the episodes, is this a result of the new Podcast app on iOs?
    Probably. There is a new app for podcasts and the older iTunes does not know about that so it doesn't see what's on the iPad. If you updated to Catalina, where iTunes is gone, replaced by Music, TV, Podcasts as three separate apps. I think you would be able to see them on the Mac. Also, in Catalina, the iPad mounts in Finder and there you can look at podcasts. The podcasts you are subscribed to appear in a list in the bottom window, when you click on one of them the episodes on the iDevice for that podcast are visible. So, you need to decide if you want to have your Mac and iPad on similar OS releases or not.
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    Probably. There is a new app for podcasts and the older iTunes does not know about that so it doesn't see what's on the iPad. If you updated to Catalina, where iTunes is gone, replaced by Music, TV, Podcasts as three separate apps. I think you would be able to see them on the Mac. Also, in Catalina, the iPad mounts in Finder and there you can look at podcasts. The podcasts you are subscribed to appear in a list in the bottom window, when you click on one of them the episodes on the iDevice for that podcast are visible. So, you need to decide if you want to have your Mac and iPad on similar OS releases or not.
    Thanks Jake,
    I thought that would be the case, I’m in no hurry to install Catalina so I’ll live with it for now.
    All the best, Gren

Thread Information