Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Problem with email on my iPad
    I recently acquired a new Yahoo email account. I get my emails just fine on my iMac and my iPhone, but for some reason they won't come to my iPad. I get an error message that my email isn't available. I've contacted Yahoo and all I get is a form message asking me if my problem was solved and to fill out a survey. (Yup that's what they did.)
    Anyone encounter this problem? Thanks for your help.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.14.2
    Quote Originally Posted by billinden View Post
    I recently acquired a new Yahoo email account. I get my emails just fine on my iMac and my iPhone, but for some reason they won't come to my iPad. I get an error message that my email isn't available. I've contacted Yahoo and all I get is a form message asking me if my problem was solved and to fill out a survey. (Yup that's what they did.)
    Anyone encounter this problem? Thanks for your help.
    Well, not sure which iPad you own nor the iOS installed (Mail Accounts locations can change w/ different versions) - but for a first try, I would suggest deleting your Yahoo account on the iPad (Yahoo uses IMAP so no issue w/ losing your mail) and setting it up again - often solves this issue - if not, then please post back. Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    Are you using the iOS Mail app, or are you using the Yahoo! Mail app?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thanks, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
    Well, not sure which iPad you own nor the iOS installed (Mail Accounts locations can change w/ different versions) - but for a first try, I would suggest deleting your Yahoo account on the iPad (Yahoo uses IMAP so no issue w/ losing your mail) and setting it up again - often solves this issue - if not, then please post back. Dave
    Thanks Dave. Yes, I have deleted Yahoo several times and reinstalled it. No luck. I just did it again to make sure and still no mail. I have an iPad Air, Software version 12.4.1.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Are you using the iOS Mail app, or are you using the Yahoo! Mail app?
    Neither. I just use Safari to get on the Internet and Yahoo. If it helps, I had a Yahoo account last week that was working fine this way on my iPhone, iPad and iMac. I had to get rid of it because my address was hacked. That's why I got a new Yahoo account. But, I haven't changed anything as far as how I use Yahoo.

Thanks for your help Ferrarr.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    If that's how you are accessing Yahoo!, then there has to be some setting(s) for Safari, between your iPhone and iPad that are different and causing this issue? I would compare the two side by side.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    If that's how you are accessing Yahoo!, then there has to be some setting(s) for Safari, between your iPhone and iPad that are different and causing this issue? I would compare the two side by side.
    The settings are identical. Thanks for your suggestion though.

I would suggest deleting your Yahoo account on the iPad (Yahoo uses IMAP so no issue w/ losing your mail) and setting it up again

Just for the record:
    Yahoo nominally supports both POP and IMAP
    Is Yahoo Mail a POP3 or an IMAP Technology? | Chron.com

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Mojave; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    I've recently changed to another email address and had a few issues but I icloud has continued to sync mail between devices. I use Thunderbird on my MBP and Mail on others.
    Sue

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

Thread Information