Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPad Usage

iPad Usage

Your Mac's Specs
    First generation iPad Pro 12.9
    I pretty much have not touched my laptop since i got my first generation iPad Pro 9.7 inch model, and now that my boyfriend got me the first generation iPad Pro 12.9 with the Logitech backlit Smart Keyboard, i don’t think i will be touching the laptop again unless it is very little.
    iPhone XR product red iOS 13.3
    First generation iPad Pro 9.7 iPadOS 13.3 WiFi/cellular 32gb
    First generation iPad Pro 12.9 iPadOS 13.3 WiFi/cellular 128gb

iPad Usage
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian60013 View Post
    I pretty much have not touched my laptop since i got my first generation iPad Pro 9.7 inch model, and now that my boyfriend got me the first generation iPad Pro 12.9 with the Logitech backlit Smart Keyboard, i donít think i will be touching the laptop again unless it is very little.
    OK - I have an iPad Pro and still use my Apple laptops - what is your point and/or question(s)? Dave BTW - welcome to the forum!
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

iPad Usage
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    @Dave

The OP just posted to a new thread: Just got a first generation iPad Pro 12.9 128gb

I think this post was more of a comment than a question, probably.

Ian
    Ian

iPad Usage

Your Mac's Specs
    First generation iPad Pro 12.9
    I still would take my 13 inch MacBook Pro to work with me along with my 9.7 iPad Pro, since I got the 12.9 inch iPad Pro, Friday night, and have played with it all weekend, writing this post on it now, I don’t think I will be taking both devices with to work, worse case is I won’t be as productive at the office which is just fine. I think it will be just fine though and it is much lighter to carry around as well.
    iPhone XR product red iOS 13.3
    First generation iPad Pro 9.7 iPadOS 13.3 WiFi/cellular 32gb
    First generation iPad Pro 12.9 iPadOS 13.3 WiFi/cellular 128gb

iPad Usage

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 iMac, 2019 iPhone 11 Pro Max, 12.9" iPad Pro, 2015 15" MBP
    I made the decision to go with the 12.9 inch iPad Pro for my business. In addition to all the great ways people have mentioned above how they use their iPads, here are some of the reasons why I made the decision to buy my iPad and how useful I have found it to be:
    -I am able to review PDFs and images when I am on the jobsite on a fairly large screen when compared to just a phone screen.
    -When performing as-built tasks, it is beneficial to take pictures and then annotate them while Iím on site so that I capture all the relevant information that I might need.
    -When speaking with a builder or subcontractor, having this form factor makes displaying plans or images much easier than having to hold a laptop.
    -When making edits or other work in my truck, I can position the iPad in ways that are not as convenient as it would be with a laptop because the keyboard is rigidly mounted to the display screen on a laptop.
    -Sometimes, Iíll take even higher quality pictures with my (also new) iPhone 11 Pro Max and airdrop them directly to the iPad so that I can perform annotations and editing within moments.

The effortless ecosystem is a huge benefit in maximizing the efficiency of my jobsite work flow.

iPad Usage
    Your Mac's Specs
    macbook air 2010 11" HSierra
    My Ipad is sitting in a draw collecting dust. FOR ME laptops are guitars while tablets are ukuleles.
    MacBook Air 2010 4gb Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and Snow Leopard 10.6.8
    i fixed everything on the macbook my self and repaired many in the past.

iPad Usage
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Quote Originally Posted by MBAmtloin View Post
    My Ipad is sitting in a draw collecting dust. FOR ME laptops are guitars while tablets are ukuleles.
    That analogy gave me a BIG chuckle in a different way - my wife is a musician and over the decades has acquired MANY different instruments - she has two nice guitars but w/ age found the playing more difficult for her; so more recently, bought her a regular nice ukulele (koa wood) and later a 'banjo ukulele' from an excellent company (pics below) - she takes lessons from a NCSA Master's graduate and pretty much just brings her banjo uke - her teacher even bought one himself after playing on hers - and we still use our iPads a lot, so her guitars are gathering dust at the moment. Dave
    Ukelele copy.JPGBanjoUki copy.JPG
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

iPad Usage
    Your Mac's Specs
    thanks for the reply, interesting story about music!

iPad Usage
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    @wallmaxx When the first gen Pad came out I got one almost immediately. A few weeks later we were at a home center about an hours drive away from home purchasing a washer/dryer combo. The delivery driver was in the store at the time but had some trouble understanding where our duplex was but was somewhat familiar with our neighborhood.

I pulled up the satellite view of the are and was able to show him exactly where he needed to go once he got to the area he was familiar with. Next thing I know he's calling over three/four other salespeople to show them the screen.

I have a folder of pdf files on my Mac with manuals and other pieces of information about various pieces of equipment at tome, for a few friends/relatives, and at work. I've been threatening to put that on my iPad so I don't have to have the computer at hand to find that information when I need it. I keep telling myself that I'm going to use its camera or my iPhone camera to take pictures of things as I take them apart.
    ďHard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.Ē
    Kevin Durant

iPad Usage
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    I pulled up the satellite view of the are and was able to show him exactly where he needed to go once he got to the area he was familiar with. Next thing I know he's calling over three/four other salespeople to show them the screen.
    doesn't everybody have their location satellite image tattooed to their arms nowadays?

im debating wether to fix my iPad, i used that alot for drawing cartoons. over 1500 of them.

Thread Information