Ipad car holder for kids, possible to reach or hold in hands and properly secured.

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MacBook Pro Retina, 2.7 GHz quad core i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM, 512GB flash...
    Ipad car holder for kids, possible to reach or hold in hands and properly secured.
    Looking for a ipad car holder to secure the ipad when my kids are holding the ipad in their hands while the vehicle is moving. Both kids is facing the rear of the car (reversed car seats).

Today I am using a inCarbite holder to secure the ipad on the headrest of the back seat. It is tested and safe. But when using this my kids can only look at videos, not play on it since they cannot reach it. I am looking for a holder that either allow my kids to hold the ipad in their hands but it is secured to the seat, head rest or similar or a holder with a flexible arm. But a holder with a flexible arm are in most cases with a suction cup (which gives no safety at all during a crash), the ipad itself is not secure enough (e.g. the holder only squeezes the ipad, not securing it with clips that grip over the front), it is securely fasten but the flexible arm is not long enough or some other detail that makes it, in my opinion, not safe. The idea is to secure loose items in case of a crash.

I've been searching a lot but seems most are either not safe to use or safe but not possible to reach when mounted. Any suggestions?

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Catalina; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    Sue

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MacBook Pro Retina, 2.7 GHz quad core i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM, 512GB flash...
    Thanks for the tip, but both of these are not safe to use. On both the ipad is not securely mounted. By that I mean it will fly out of the mount if in a collision because it is only squeezed inside the frame and with no parts going over e.g. the corners to secure it. You will have a deadly ipad flying around in the car. Take a look at this:

http://www.incarbite.com/en/productD...4&kind=FRSM_CM

These are the ones I am using today. Crash tested and very safe. The ipad is securely fastened inside the frame. If I only could find something like that, but with an extended arm of some sort so the kids can reach it....

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Catalina; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    Being the generation I am, I would give them a book instead - or is that too dangerous?
    Sue

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by badshoehabit View Post
    Being the generation I am, I would give them a book instead - or is that too dangerous?
    Haha! Age 1 and 3 so a bit too young for that p.t.

Having an ipad to play on is not a must, but from experience it surely eases the longer drives to our cabin, on holidays etc. If I can find something, great. If not, videos (or perhaps a book ) work just fine

Thread Information