Thread: Hit certain key

Hit certain key
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacOS Catalina MacBookPro Retina,15 inches Late 2013 Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 16GB,
    Hit certain key
    When I had Mojave I was able to hit F12 and it will take me back to where theres Calculators, Mapof USA, Weather, etc I dont see it in Catalina?? Cannot find it in Safari Settings
    Thanks in Advance
    Ron

Hit certain key
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    If you are referring to widgets, then yes they are no longer included with macOS Catalina.
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.
    PS: When there is an accident or error, is the tool to blame or is the fool to blame?

Hit certain key
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Are you sure Ron, F12 has always been volume up on an Apple keyboard? In any event, like Bob said, widgets are gone with Catalina.

In macOS Catalina, Dashboard is nowhere to be found at all. ... Many features of Dashboard can now be accessed via the Today tab in Notification Center on the Mac. Here, you can add widgets for various applications like Reminders, Calendar, weather, stocks, and more. It also integrates with third-party applications.

Hit certain key
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacOS Catalina MacBookPro Retina,15 inches Late 2013 Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 16GB,
    Yes I mean Widget... Thanks
    Thanks in Advance
    Ron

Hit certain key
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    I/we really should add that fact to the list of noticeable differences when upgrading from Mojave to Catalina. I really didn't realise how many people used them and it's not really mentioned much on web sites covering the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums
    Don't be an April Fool: WORLD BACKUP DAY MARCH 31st

Hit certain key
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    In macOS Catalina, Dashboard is nowhere to be found at all. ... Many features of Dashboard can now be accessed via the Today tab in Notification Center on the Mac. Here, you can add widgets for various applications like Reminders, Calendar, weather, stocks, and more. It also integrates with third-party applications.
    Charlie - where did you find that note?
    Was it something that Apple published?

It seemed until now when Widgets came up on Catalina the reply was either what ferrarr posted or if one asked about a specific one, there was possibly an alternative that was suggested.
    I use at least one of iStat, weather, calculator or calendar daily and at least those seem to be available on Catalina.

BTW - F12 is the volume up key asyou mentioned, but when one is in the Dashboard, hitting F12 will get one back to the desktop and the app one was using.
    I never knew that, I always used the escape key for that.

Hit certain key
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    I don't remember exactly where that statement came from but here is another site that explains it:

Lost your Dashboard widgets after upgrading to macOS Catalina? Here are some solutions -

Hit certain key
    Thanks Charlie,

I tried setting this up on Mojave per the instructions in the link you posted.

Ran into a couple of issues right away.
    1. Setting up the top left corner as a "Hot Corner" only brings up the Notification Center sporadically. I often need two or three tries
    2. I would really like the Notification Center Window on the left side of the screen. For one, I read from left to right and on the right the window also hides other info
    3. When the Notification Center is open, the Dock which I have set to the left of the screen and to automatically hide when not used, will not open.

That is all on macOS 10.14.6 - maybe Catalina works better.

Thread Information