Thread: IOS update

IOS update

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 21.5",mid2011,2.5 GHz,12 GB mem,OSX 10.13.6; iPhone SE; MacBook Air,early2015,1.6 GHz,4GB
    IOS update
    I have a 16GB iphone SE. I have not updated my IOS for quite some time, still using IOS 11.3 and it is working very well for what I do. I do not have any apps on my phone, other than what come with it. I use it for phone calls, texting, my email forwards to it, and occasional internet access. I was going to update to IOS 13. I read through the "Learn More" prior to starting. It says that two factor authentication is built in to IOS 13. I do not want two factor authentication. Can I install IOS 13 and disable the two factor authentication feature?

IOS update
    Your Mac's Specs
    2020 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, 11”‘ iPad Pro, iPhone Xs Max
    Yes you can. My husband has an iPhone 11. He does not want to deal with any sort of password, Face ID, or 2-factor or whatever.... Direct quote!

When you install the update it should let you opt out. But it will keep asking so to shut it off permanently after installing the update go to Settings-> at the top where your name is located that opens up to your Apple ID, iTunes etc settings you will find Password and Security. Open that and it will allow you to shut off 2-factor ID.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

IOS update
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Actually, everytime you update iOS either on your iPhone or iPad, Apple will try to get you to implement 2FA if you have not already done so. Just be careful when you reply to any of the Apple instructions as you're updating because some of the actions are hidden.

When you install the update it should let you opt out. But it will keep asking so to shut it off permanently after installing the update go to Settings-> at the top where your name is located that opens up to your Apple ID, iTunes etc settings you will find Password and Security. Open that and it will allow you to shut off 2-factor ID.
    I'm not sure that is correct. If you have not previously implemented 2FA, when you go to the place that Lisa stated, it should already say that 2FA is off. YOU DO NOT want to mess with that setting and accidentally turn it on since it will require you to call Apple and have them turn it off. I've already been there and done that!

IOS update

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 21.5",mid2011,2.5 GHz,12 GB mem,OSX 10.13.6; iPhone SE; MacBook Air,early2015,1.6 GHz,4GB
    Thanks Lisa and chscag. As chscag stated, when I go to my password and security settings, 2FA is turned off. I am concerned that if I update my iOS, I may screw up sometime during the install and accidently turn it on. Dumb, I know. I have not taken updates for a long time, as when I read about them there are always a lot of changes and new things that I really won't ever use and don't care about. What happens if I just stick with my iOS 11.3? Will I run into problems with this in the future!

IOS update
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    You can if you wish stay with your current version of iOS. However, updating to the latest should not invoke 2FA. I have had 2FA turned off like forever and have kept up with updates not ever having 2FA turned on by Apple during the updates. However, your choice to stick with your current version of iOS.

IOS update

Your Mac's Specs
    Thanks for the further clarification, chscag. I believe I will stick with my current version of iOS.

Thread Information