iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 are now available to download
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    As the title says... both iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 can be downloaded.

Servers are fairly busy so it may take awhile, and be sure to backup first.

Your Mac's Specs
    Those of you who own an iPad Pro of any model:

If you have an Apple Keyboard Smart Cover or an external keyboard, there is a new setting specifically for the keyboard.

I had to do a reset of settings before my Apple Smart Keyboard Cover would allow typing in common apps such as Mail or MS Word. So that may be something you also have to do.

A reset of settings does not remove apps or data and is generally safe to perform.

I haven't tried out my Magic Trackpad 2 yet. Supposedly it will work with iPadOS 13.4. We will see.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Those of you who own an iPad Pro of any model:

If you have an Apple Keyboard Smart Cover or an external keyboard, there is a new setting specifically for the keyboard.

I had to do a reset of settings before my Apple Smart Keyboard Cover would allow typing in common apps such as Mail or MS Word. So that may be something you also have to do.

A reset of settings does not remove apps or data and is generally safe to perform.

I haven't tried out my Magic Trackpad 2 yet. Supposedly it will work with iPadOS 13.4. We will see.
    I hope this will allow my Logi Create Keyboard and cover work all the time. I have been having issues, ever since I initially installed the new iPadOS.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    I think this one popped for me yesterday. My phone shows IOS 13.4 and I know I didn't update it this morning.

“Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    Installed iOS 13.4 on both my iPhone XS Max and 11” iPad Pro with the Smart Keyboard. It went really smoothly and everything is working well. I did not have to reset my iPad.

I don’t know if this is new but I noticed on my iPad in Settings -> Accessibility -> Keyboards -> Hardware Keyboard -> Full Keyboard access is OFF. I turned it ON and so far, I like the added features. You can even program shortcuts. Nice!

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by lclev View Post
    Installed iOS 13.4 on both my iPhone XS Max and 11” iPad Pro with the Smart Keyboard. It went really smoothly and everything is working well. I did not have to reset my iPad.

I don’t know if this is new but I noticed on my iPad in Settings -> Accessibility -> Keyboards -> Hardware Keyboard -> Full Keyboard access is OFF. I turned it ON and so far, I like the added features. You can even program shortcuts. Nice!

Lisa
    I don't have the Full Keyboard Access option with my Logi Create Keyboard.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    I don't have the Full Keyboard Access option with my Logi Create Keyboard.
    I believe the Full Keyboard Access option will only work with the Apple Smart Keyboards.

Lisa was fortunate that her Apple Smart Keyboard worked right away. I tried everything I could with settings and so forth but the only thing that worked for me was to do a reset of settings. It should have worked right away because the Apple Smart Keyboard does not use BT as other keyboards do. Anyway, it's working now.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I believe the Full Keyboard Access option will only work with the Apple Smart Keyboards.

Lisa was fortunate that her Apple Smart Keyboard worked right away. I tried everything I could with settings and so forth but the only thing that worked for me was to do a reset of settings. It should have worked right away because the Apple Smart Keyboard does not use BT as other keyboards do. Anyway, it's working now.
    Yeah, I tried the Reset Settings after I posted my reply above. Still no Full Keyboard Access option, oh well. At least this keyboard lights up, and I prefer the feel over the Apple keyboard.
    -- Bob --

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    I am not sure why it all works or I have that full keyboard access - just glad it is working.

My iPad Pro has become my main internet content consumption device. I had previously owned 3 other iPads that I either gave away or sold. I just never uses them that much.

But with the addition of the Smart Keyboard and the Pencil, I use this Pro all the time. I love using GoodNotes with the pencil when we have work meetings. For some reason the app can read my chicken scratches and do an excellent job turning them into typed notes.

For me, they finally got it right!

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Thread Information