Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 13.2.3
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    This discussion has got me curious about whether DND handles things for me better than it used to do. I have not tried that feature in some time so I'm curious t see if it still trggers when I'm moving through the building at work.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBookPro 13 v11.1, i5 2.4 GHz, 256 GBs SSD, 8 GBs DDRs
    That's what I did at the first time, prior to running iMazing backup; specified where I wanted to backup the iOS. At least on Windows, once you connect the device, iMazing uses the default backup location for iOS backup. Here's the image from Windows:

imazing backup.jpg

Once I've removed the device, deleted all of the data, created the current backup location and connected the device again, the backup went where I wanted to.

About the email backup...

Here's the tech support's response on the subject:

While emails are not stored in a backup, accounts and passwords are.

However, passwords are backed up only if backup encryption is enabled.
    Since my backups on any platforms are encrypted, I am all set. It also explains why your emails were downloaded after restoring your iPhone from backup...

As long as I won't have to add 4-6 email accounts after the restore, the five licenses for iMazing at 35 bucks was worth every penny...

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Just curious, If you click on the "Devices" tab, I presume it then shows your devices that have attached to iMazing. Are there any settings in that device-specific tab for where to put the backup? Here is the Mac screen for my iPhone: Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 3.13.42 PM.png

As you can see, there is an option to change this device away from the default it is presently using. That change would not change the default, just the location of this particular device's backups.
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    This discussion has got me curious about whether DND handles things for me better than it used to do. I have not tried that feature in some time so I'm curious t see if it still trggers when I'm moving through the building at work.
    Makes me curious, how do you move through the building at work? I just walk...

Judging by my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 13.2.3, DND isn't handled well. Even after enabling all of the "System Services", it still didn't work. Yes, I disable/enable DND and reboot did not make a difference.

Maybe reinstalling iOS would make a difference. iMazing makes that easy, but at this point, I am not certain that it would be worth for doing it. Maybe during the holiday season, if I have time...

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
    One useful thing I discovered. I have iOS13 on an iPad for testing prior to risking my iPad Pro and I am not too sure about the smaller icons yet.

However, there is an option in Settings which switches between the smaller ones and the original view.

This works like a toggle. Any surplus icons are placed on an additional page inserted after the page which had too many. Even better, these extra pages are removed and the icons put back in the original location when you switch back.

There are a number of things that have changed in iOS13 that I don’t like, some of which are fairly critical, so it is good to be able to find one I do like. Credit where it is due.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr00zng View Post
    Makes me curious, how do you move through the building at work? I just walk...
    Apparently I propel my wheelchair through the hallways fast enough to trigger the DND warning. I can't be going that fast I haven't gotten a ticket from the school resource officer yet. Imagine what I could do if I got one of those motorized electric gizmos.
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    Here is Apple's take on DNDD: How to use Do Not Disturb While Driving - Apple Support

Note that it's turned on by several mechanisms. One is speed, but it can also be tied to events in your car audio system.
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    Apparently I propel my wheelchair through the hallways fast enough to trigger the DND warning. I can't be going that fast I haven't gotten a ticket from the school resource officer yet. Imagine what I could do if I got one of those motorized electric gizmos.
    I am sorry, I didn't know that.

I apologize for my previous comment and hope, it had not been hurtful in any ways...

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    Here is Apple's take on DNDD: How to use Do Not Disturb While Driving - Apple Support

Note that it's turned on by several mechanisms. One is speed, but it can also be tied to events in your car audio system.
    My 20 years old pickup truck's only option is speed and that does not work, no matter what I've tried so far. I don't count the manually enabling it as working; nonetheless, it does send out DND customized text in that case...

Your Mac's Specs
    My 20 years old pickup truck's only option is speed and that does not work
    OK, I know what you meant, but I read this that the TRUCK can't get up to sufficient speed. I've had trucks like that...
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    That's not the case Jake...

Last time I was on the highway, my top speed was around 110 mph and it gets there pretty fast. Besides, if the DNDD can kick in around 3 mph as you've stated, it really doesn't matter anyway.

Yes, I've tried DNDD in a car, a boat, but it did not matter; in either cases it would not activate automatically...
    Last edited by Cr00zng; 12-03-2019 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Clarity...

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    I'll have to experiment to see if it works when I drive my 98 Mustang. I know it works in our 2019 Honda that has Car Play.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00zng View Post
    makes me curious, how do you move through the building at work? I just walk...
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00zng View Post
    i am sorry, i didn't know that.

I apologize for my previous comment and hope, it had not been hurtful in any ways...
    No offense/hurt taken. I tend to not get upset about phrases like that especially since you had no way to know that.
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    I don't know about emails and backup. What happens is that as soon as you reconnect to the email provider, the emails are loaded onto your iPhone, if you are on IMAP anyway. I think POP does not do that, but then I have moved off that old tech and onto IMAP for all my emails, so all I can say is that when the iPhone restores were done, and I opened email, the messages were there.
    Just an update about iMazing backup and emails...

Here's the support response to my question on this subject:

Thanks for reaching out.

While emails are not stored in a backup, accounts and passwords are.

However, passwords are backed up only if backup encryption is enabled.

Let us know if you're interested in anything else.

Best regards,

Dima
    Judging by the response and your experience with restoring from backup, I'd say that your iMazing backups are encrypted...

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Judging by the response and your experience with restoring from backup, I'd say that your iMazing backups are encrypted...
    Since ever I can remember, my backups to iTunes and, in more recent times iMazing, have always been encrypted. It is essential if you want your passwords, health data and such personal information to be backed up.

It was as easy as ticking the "encrypt" box and assigning a PW to it.

Of course, you may not want such sensitive data backed up - personal choice.

Ian
    Ian

Thread Information