Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IOS 13, Medical data under Health
    I had a long list of med's, and a couple of surgical procedures listed in the Health App. This update has erased all my data, and wants me to connect to a local hospital. Is there any way to retrieve my data?

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Did you backup either to iTunes or to iCloud before you updated to iOS 13? Also, you would have had to encrypt your backup in order to backup all your health information.

OPS 13.1.1 Health App
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Did you backup either to iTunes or to iCloud before you updated to iOS 13? Also, you would have had to encrypt your backup in order to backup all your health information.
    No, I am very casual about backing up my phone, and I know that I should. I can rebuild the data easily enough, but the structure no longer allows this. It only wants to connect to an outside source. Thank you for your help...

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    I had a long list of med's, and a couple of surgical procedures listed in the Health App. This update has erased all my data, and wants me to connect to a local hospital. Is there any way to retrieve my data?
    Please don't think me rude. I just wanted to say - are you sure all your data is gone?

The reason I mention this is that the Health app has become so multilayered with heaven knows the number of options, sub categories and so on.

When I first opened it, I was asked if I wanted to create a new Medical profile (or words to that effect). I said "No", reasoning that this might overwrite what I already had in there. Could this have happened to you??

Assuming you ignored this, as I did, then your data may still be there. I literally spent a good 5-10 minutes getting to grips with all the features and, sure enough, there was my data - tons of it spread over different categories. Not all in one place.

My suggestion is that you set aside a nice cup of tea and plenty of time in a quiet room; and thoroughly investigate this complex app

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
    Hi both
    I have similar issue did the iOS 13 yesterday
    Before I had a list of my medication all in the health app.How do I enter a fresh info there are so many options there do we have to have all those categories ?
    Thanks.
    David
    David
    Passwords should be like a tooth brush renew every three months

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Hi David,

These two Links might pave the way for you. At least they might provide some insight into this opaque app:

A Look at the Health App in iOS 13 - TidBITS
    Health and Activity: Complete Guide to iOS 13 - MacRumors

Good luck!!

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
    Ian The second link you gave solved the problem. Apple made it harder to find.
    Big Thanks once again.
    David.
    David

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Ian, neither of those articles discuss medications. I cannot find any way to enter medications in the new app. It apparently will ONLY take input from a medical provider and my medical provider is not on the system. Apple should have at least provided a manual entry for meds. Apparently everybody at Apple has a medical provider who participates (d'oh, of course, it's the Apple provider). And I guess no beta tester was out of range, either.

Truly dumb design.
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    @Jake

The only way I have found is to list your Medications within Your Medical ID.

To get there, you can scroll down from the Summary Tab; or you can tap on the Browse icon, bottom right, then in the Search Field, type Medical ID.

Within Your Medical ID, there is a section for inputting medications (aptly labelled "Medications" )

I have not found any other way; sorry.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Ian, neither of those worked for me. I scrolled down to the bottom of the Summary, looking at every item. Nothing about meds or medical ID. Then went to Browse, entered Medical ID and it reported nothing found. If I tap on the "Medications" in Browse, I get to a screen to identify my provider, which has hundreds of entries all around the world, apparently, but not mine.
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    Jake; I'm really astonished.

I wonder if this is a country-based feature? In the UK, we don't practise medicine in quite the same way, by which I mean we have no digital access to our GP (family doctor) practice or hospital records - and our health "provider" is the National Health Service (NHS). Whereas, I understand this is commonplace in the USA.

As far back as I can recall, the Health app in the UK contained a feature called "Medical ID" which allowed a paramedic or similar to access your health details in an emergency. All they had to do was attempt to open the iPhone, obviously without success, and they were met with an option to tap on "Emergency". This brought up such medical details as the person was willing to share - their name, next of kin with appropriate phone number, height, weight, blood group, medications and so forth.

"Your Medical ID" is an update/improvement on that.

Ian
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    Please don't think me rude. I just wanted to say - are you sure all your data is gone?

The reason I mention this is that the Health app has become so multilayered with heaven knows the number of options, sub categories and so on.

When I first opened it, I was asked if I wanted to create a new Medical profile (or words to that effect). I said "No", reasoning that this might overwrite what I already had in there. Could this have happened to you??

Assuming you ignored this, as I did, then your data may still be there. I literally spent a good 5-10 minutes getting to grips with all the features and, sure enough, there was my data - tons of it spread over different categories. Not all in one place.

My suggestion is that you set aside a nice cup of tea and plenty of time in a quiet room; and thoroughly investigate this complex app

Ian
    Thanks Ian, I will spend a lot more time looking through the app, appreciate your insight.

Update. I found my data from the previous version of Health. In the new version, tap your profile picture, my data was under MedicalID.

Hope this helps...

Your Mac's Specs
    Well done. Great effort.

We discussed Medical ID in a few posts above this one. As you experienced, It's difficult to find. And poor Jake can't locate it at all - post #10.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    Thats exactly where I found mine.
    Gee Thanks a lot
    David
    David

Thread Information