Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

How to stop game pop up ads on iphone 7s

Your Mac's Specs
    2016 13" MBP 2.0 i5 250Gb SSD 8Gb Ram
    Hello all, what is the easiest way to stop game pop up ads on my iphone. At times I will wait in my car while my wife does some grocery shopping. To past the time while waiting I may play a game or two of Solitaire. When I tap the game app I will receive popups for additional other games or advertisements. They also pop up when I restart a new game. This is very annoying when I simply want to play a game and have to wait for the ads to play their content. Other than turning off wifi and/or cellular data settings or switching to airplane mode is their other settings that I should explore to stop this. Do I need to download an ad blocker app from the app store. If so, what app would be recommended. Thanks guys.

If you are seeing the ads within the game, then that's how it works. These games are "free" with ads. The frequency and length of the ads are out of your control. All of these games have an option to purchase a version of the game which will remove the ads alone. An alternate is absolutely to put the phone into Airplane mode to avoid getting new ads or anything. This option works for games that are purely local, but if they are networked games requiring you to play with/against others, then Airplane mode isn't an option.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    You can buy the app, that would get rid of the ads. I purchased a four pack of Solitaire from MobilityWare, it came with Solitaire, Spider, Freecell and Pyramid.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    2016 13" MBP 2.0 i5 250Gb SSD 8Gb Ram
    Is there a free and/or paid app you can recommend, would much appreciate thee advice.

I don't think you are understanding what we are saying.

If you go to the iOS App Store and look at the Free games section, you will find many. Download any of them and each one is free because they have ads. Every one of them will have an option, somewhere in the app to remove the ads for a price. Some charge you $2.99, others more and others less. Once you purchase THAT specific game, the ads from THAT specific game will be gone. Other games will continue to have ads, that's how they can "afford" to give you the game for "free".

If you go to the Paid section of the iOS App Store and download any app that has a price listed as opposed to the word GET, then you are paying that much money up-front and will not have any ads at all.

The other type of games are great for you to try out, and if you like it and hate the ads, then pay to remove it.

There is NOT a single external or third party app you can buy to get rid of ads for all games.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Quote Originally Posted by WW4B View Post
    Hello all, what is the easiest way to stop game pop up ads on my iphone. At times I will wait in my car while my wife does some grocery shopping. To past the time while waiting I may play a game or two of Solitaire. When I tap the game app I will receive popups for additional other games or advertisements. They also pop up when I restart a new game. This is very annoying when I simply want to play a game and have to wait for the ads to play their content. Other than turning off wifi and/or cellular data settings or switching to airplane mode is their other settings that I should explore to stop this. Do I need to download an ad blocker app from the app store. If so, what app would be recommended. Thanks guys.
    Just as you and I expect to get paid for the work we do, so do App developers. So if the game is not purchased then they receive compensartion for their work through ads. So, if the game is worth playing, it should certainly be worth being paid for. I don't expect to work for nothing, neither should app developers.
    May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Thread Information