Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    App to catalog commercial music CDs and movie DVDs
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    @Patrick

Re post #9 -

That got me thinking about the Dudley Moore/Bo Derek film "10" where Ravel's Bolero played a significant accompaniment

Ian

Good grief!!! Thanks Ian. That one sure slipped through the cracks!!!

I guess I forgot to heed the recent notice I got:

- Patrick
    ======
    Last edited by chscag; 05-22-2019 at 08:15 PM. Reason: We are still a "G" rated forum!

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.14.2
    Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    Good grief Dave... With my quick copulationsthat would provide nonstop viewing @ Eight hours a day sessions for over 3.5 years!!!

Anyway it looks like a fair bit of variation and entertainment for you to enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    Good grief!!! Thanks Ian. That one sure slipped through the cracks!!!
    Well Patrick - 'quick copulations' and 'slipped through the cracks!!!' make us wonder? LOL - Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Quote Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
    Well Patrick - 'quick copulations' and 'slipped through the cracks!!!' make us wonder? LOL - Dave

Maybe I should just "take the 5th" as I think you folks call it down there??? Or just use the standard "No Comment" phrase. It seems to get a lot of use these days.

- Patrick
    ======

RadDave,

Thanks for your thorough reply! Our collection is quite small, maybe 150 total CDs and DVDs. We are not "collectors", as I am learning from these posts! I am primarily interested in getting the disk info from our collection into my Mac. Yes I could do it manually in a spreadsheet but I am just too lazy to enter all the bits and pieces one by one. I was thinking that there should be a simple program "out there" that would scan the bar codes and input that info (artist, album name, individual pieces.songs etc). Thanks everybody for trying to help me. Although the "copulation" discussion worried me a bit, at first.

Bob

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.14.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cur View Post
    RadDave,

Thanks for your thorough reply! Our collection is quite small, maybe 150 total CDs and DVDs. We are not "collectors", as I am learning from these posts! I am primarily interested in getting the disk info from our collection into my Mac. Yes I could do it manually in a spreadsheet but I am just too lazy to enter all the bits and pieces one by one. I was thinking that there should be a simple program "out there" that would scan the bar codes and input that info (artist, album name, individual pieces.songs etc). Thanks everybody for trying to help me..................
    Hi again Bob - well, appears that you would rather use your Mac and not an iDevice, and you want to track both CDs & DVDs, including the tracks on my music discs - would certainly be more of an effort in setting up and entry into a database, such as Numbers (but could be done) - as previously suggested, check the Apple App store and do some online searching - hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ their solutions? Good luck - Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

I am primarily interested in getting the disk info from our collection into my Mac.

I'm sure I used this or the application very similar to it, albeit for another reason, but used it for cataloging the contents of all optical discs I had.

If it is the same app, one just ran it and then inserted the CDs DVDs one wanted to catalog, and it would automatically create a catalog list for that disc. I believe it is basically the same disc cataloging utility that was bundled with Toast.app. It seems to have a good free trial available.
    DiskCatalogMaker
    DiskCatalogMaker

Another one that looks rather promising is NeoFinder.app, that seems to have gone by the old name "CDFinder".
    "NeoFinder, the leading disk and data cataloging, and digital archive management solution for the Apple Macintosh."
    NeoFinder - The Premier Cataloging Tool for Macintosh - Downloads
    It also has a free trial available.

I'm sure one of these would suit your fancy and do what you were wanting, I can't recall if it does commercial discs and includes album covers or not,
    but I seem to recall that there is a utility that can do that if needed.

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information