Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

After deleting iPhone camera roll, can't sync photos back to iPhone from MAC
    After upgrading from iPhoto to Photo, I noticed that there was no method to remove photos from my camera roll after importing the images on the camera roll to Photo. In iPhoto, one could delete all/part of the roll independent of the import operation.

So, I used Image Capture to delete my camera roll, which worked fine. However, all the photos deleted in this manner are not syncing back to my iPhone or iPad. The imported images are in my Photo library, so the images are safe.

Here are the particulars about my current state:

MacOS version 10.10.5
    Photos version: 1.0.1 (215.65.0)
    iTunes version: 12.2.2.25
    My Sync Photos is checked, copying from Photos selecting all photos and albums.

iPhone iOS version: 8.4.1
    I have 25 GB free

All my previous photos are properly copied to the devices.

One peculiarity is that the number of photos showing in both the Photo library via iTunes and the number of photos on the device is 3,451. There should be an additional 492 (the images that have been imported and deleted via Image Capture).

It looks as if these images are not in the Photo library, but that's where Photo imports them to. Did I mess something up with Image Capture? If they are not in the Photo library, where might they be and can I get them properly returned to the Photo library? Any other thoughts?

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so feel free to move it.

Thanks

After deleting iPhone camera roll, can't sync photos back to iPhone from MAC
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Did you thoroughly search your hard drive to see where you imported the photos to with Image Capture? Image Capture does not necessarily import photos to your iPhoto or Photos library.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Did you thoroughly search your hard drive to see where you imported the photos to with Image Capture? Image Capture does not necessarily import photos to your iPhoto or Photos library.
    I performed the import using Photo. I only deleted the images on the camera roll via Image Capture.

The answer to your question is that a search of my MAC (and iCloud, even though I'm not using it for photos) doesn't show the imported pictures. I don't seem to be able to see any of the .jpg files in the Photo folder.

Since I posted, I realized that my import from my non-iPhone camera via Photo has the same problem, which implies it's not a Image Capture issue. When I imported from my camera, I set it to delete the images on the camera after import. Again, these images are not being sync'd.

I'm now wondering if it's a problem with Photo and the way iTunes handles the sync from Photo. I'll continue to investigate and any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Thread Information