Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Help:Macbook Internet Connection Problem.
    I can't get my Macbook online. I was able to do it when I was in college using the Airport and when I would vist home I could get online using a eithernet cord. But for some reason when I am done with school for the summer I am unable to connect anywhere in my house. My Macbook says that there is not even a cord connected when I plug one in, and I am able to use the same cord to get my Xbox online so I know it's not a bad cord. I have tried turning the Airport off, matching IP numbers with my router, and reseting the router. All the other computers in my house can get online from the same router as well, but mine. I want to get it online before I go back to school.
    Thanks

Some specs:
    1.83 GHz Intel
    512 MB

Well I don't know but the problem could be with a cord. Xbox live cords are normally cat 5 crossover cables. I can use crossover cables to get on xbox live and the internet, but maybe fore some reason your computer can't use crossover cables. Try using a regular ethernet cable mabye.

Help:Macbook Internet Connection Problem.
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredXM View Post
    Well I don't know but the problem could be with a cord. Xbox live cords are normally cat 5 crossover cables. I can use crossover cables to get on xbox live and the internet, but maybe fore some reason your computer can't use crossover cables. Try using a regular ethernet cable mabye.
    I believe you are correct. I do remember crossover cables being that way on most of the Macs I have tried one on. I have all straight through cables here and they work fine.

Thread Information