Basvaldo
    Broadband problem
    Dear All

I have Tiger 10.4.2 installed on a G4 ibook. I have a SAGEM fast 800 modem with Tiscali as the ISP. I installed the latest modem driver from the SAGEM site and connected succesfully for about two hours after installation. I then received an error message saying that the connection had been terminated by the host site, and since then I have not been able to connect for more than 20 seconds without receiving the same error message and being thrown out.

I have tested the line by connecting using a PC with no problems whatsoever, so I assume that the problem lies with the mac driver.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on?
    Thanks
    Basvaldo

Karl
    SAGEM Driver
    Hi Basvaldo, I've got a similar set up and had the same problems as you. One mistake I made was not to uninstall the previous SAGEM driver. Once I did this the situation improved a little. However I still had major problems. I did hear that the problem is the cheapo USB modem. In the end I bought a NETGEAR router (a couple of weeks ago). Once I'd got it set up it seems to work very well both via wi-fi and the ethernet connection. An expensive alternative (about 65 from Amazon) but it does seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basvaldo
    Dear All

I have Tiger 10.4.2 installed on a G4 ibook. I have a SAGEM fast 800 modem with Tiscali as the ISP. I installed the latest modem driver from the SAGEM site and connected succesfully for about two hours after installation. I then received an error message saying that the connection had been terminated by the host site, and since then I have not been able to connect for more than 20 seconds without receiving the same error message and being thrown out.

I have tested the line by connecting using a PC with no problems whatsoever, so I assume that the problem lies with the mac driver.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on?
    Thanks
    Basvaldo

Thread Information