Escaping Adobe CC - Alternatives for Mac users
    Fed up with being 'held prisoner' by the Adobe CC subscription model?
    Looking for an alternative that truly does rival Indesign, professionally, at a one-off, affordable cost - or even free? ('free' doesn't necessarily clinch it for me if 'affordable' functions better as I use Adobe CC for a living)
    I've started looking around and have come across Scribus (free, open source) and Affinity Publisher (48.99/$64/Au$87) by Serif. The company also produces Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo which appear to be equivalents of Illustrator and Photoshop respectively and which I also use.

Here's a link comparing Scribus and Affinity Publisher The best alternatives to Adobe InDesign for iOS and Mac
    I like the look of the intuitive functionality of Publisher which seems v similar to Indesign but there are lots of good responses to Scribus too which some describe as not as intuitive as Indesign - and so harder to switch - but 'powerful'. Any thoughts anyone?

MBAmtloin
    Krita is good and I use that on my Dell XPS but sometimes crashes after heavy use, like scanning 10 large illustrations.
    Drawing with a tablet the program is not as fluid as adobe photoshop or illustrator were the lines jag while sketching.
    The software does what I need and can replace CS and the price is right.
    there are many drawing software out there that can edit photographs and ink up your graphic novel for free or a small price.

I am learning that nothing is better than CS even on an older Macbook with 4gb or ram.
    im happy i have a copy of that software on DVD and hopefully can use for the rest of my days.

Escaping Adobe CC - Alternatives for Mac users
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Some advice: Go with Affinity Publisher. Serif is a good company that has been in business for years. They provide great products and have good support. Your choice of course but I just thought I would throw in my opinion.

MBAmtloin
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Some advice: Go with Affinity Publisher. Serif is a good company that has been in business for years. They provide great products and have good support. Your choice of course but I just thought I would throw in my opinion.
    I head great things about affinity and that is multi platform based, iPad, windows as well as for mac.
    have you or anybody tried the cartoon software?
    i am scanning 68 pages of a comic book i drew back in 1993 (15"x10" 18 scanned, 50 more to go) i plan to colorize in photoshop.
    will this app do that for me?
    am i wasting my time?
    there is a program called Bamboo something that draws, just add color and viola!

APhoto will certainly be able to do it for you

Thread Information