Where is Photoshop and Photo Manipulation better?

Talking Where is Photoshop and Photo Manipulation better?
    Hey Guys! I'm about to switch to a mac, and I just wanted to make sure that it would be worth it. What I mean is, I'm a heavy video and picture editor. I mean, I have tons of vlogs and photos that have been manipulated via Photoshop. Now that I'm switching to the much hailed OS/Computer side, I want to know... Where is Photoshop better? How? Why? Are the differences barely noticeable or heavenly?

I'm pretty sure that with Lion OS X, Photoshop can run incredibly. Or is it still better for windows 7? As for the interface and productivity? That's for you guys

PLEASE HELP

THANKS!!!!
    Hi There!!!!

Your Mac's Specs
    16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
    If you already have Windows license for Photoshop, probably the best bet would be to run the windows versions on your Mac.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    You should be able to get your Windows license converted to OSX.

Alternatively, you could install Windows 7 via Bootcamp so it is not a virtual machine and install your version of Photoshop there. I do not recommend VMWare or Parallels or any other virtual machine setup. This works great, and you can get the full potential from both OS's (via reboot), including full 64-bit (if you own that version of Windows 7).

Truth be told - the top of the line Windows machines compared to the top of the line Macs, you wont notice much of a difference unless you get into the nitty-gritty. Anyone who tells you otherwise hasn't truly sat down with the 2 machines side by side and gone through the software click by click. Besides, the interfaces are nearly 100% identical.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

Your Mac's Specs
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    To be honest, I've never noticed a difference. Well, at least since Windows went real 64bit.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Your Mac's Specs
    13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
    As far as the software goes, there is no difference. Photoshop for Windows is the same for Photoshop for Mac.

Apple used to dominate the desktop publishing industry (and to a large extent, still does) which has led to the (untrue) belief that things like Photoshop are better on a Mac.

The only difference is the Operating System and if you prefer OS X, use it!
    Behance Design/Photography Porfolio

chas_m
    But, adding to Leukeh's only semi-true comment, I think you'll quickly find that OS X *gets out of your way* more than Windows, thus Photoshop (and everything else) will be more enjoyable overall.

Once your brain makes the jump from "alt+(key)" to "command+(key)" you'll be more productive than ever in no time at all.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    But, adding to Leukeh's only semi-true comment, I think you'll quickly find that OS X *gets out of your way* more than Windows, thus Photoshop (and everything else) will be more enjoyable overall.

Once your brain makes the jump from "alt+(key)" to "command+(key)" you'll be more productive than ever in no time at all.
    In the interest of learning, not arguing, what was semi-true?

Already forgot that it's "control+(key)" on windows?

Your Mac's Specs
    21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
    I have switched to Apple within the past year. I've been a Photoshop user for 20 years, since version 4.0. Adobe granted me a free cross-platform full version of CS5 for Mac because I'm a registered owner of the Windows version 5.0. I won't look back. I notice no difference in capabilities with the Mac version. Certainly the iMac monitor at 21.5" is fantastic. I had a good 22" Asus when running a Dual-core Intel PC.

I've been a customer of Kelby Training for Photoshop for the past 3 years and find using a Mac is taught right along with the PC version. In fact the guys at Kelby use Macs themselves. I decided when I switched to my iMac I would not attempt to run Windows software on my Mac and haven't regretted that decision. I also own the full Plug-in Suite from OnOne software. They too granted me an Apple version at no cost.
    Bob
    iMac, iPad, iPod Nano

chas_m
    Quote Originally Posted by Leukeh View Post
    In the interest of learning, not arguing, what was semi-true?
    Because a) the Mac is still VERY dominant in the graphic arts and publishing industries (for a variety of reasons, many of which have to do with the stability and productivity of OS X) and b) because the Mac still has several advantages over Windows relevant to those industries, including better font support (wider variety of supported types, better ligature and symbol support etc) and ColorSync.

Your Mac's Specs
    Because a) the Mac is still VERY dominant in the graphic arts and publishing industries (for a variety of reasons, many of which have to do with the stability and productivity of OS X) and b) because the Mac still has several advantages over Windows relevant to those industries, including better font support (wider variety of supported types, better ligature and symbol support etc) and ColorSync.
    Fair enough. I did say "and to a large extent, still does" though - I'm part of that industry myself.

I wasn't aware of the font support thing, though now that I think about it I very rarely run into fonts I can't use, while I've seen PCs have the issue regularly. I guess I just never put two an two together

Thanks!

chas_m
    My pleasure, I learn a lot here from other members and I'm always glad when I can pass something along.

Thread Information