Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: iphoto help

  1. #1
    iphoto help
    Hi,
    i have thousands of photos in my iPhoto. All of them show as thumbnails although some of them when clicked will not appear as a large photo. Instead,a grey screen appears with an exclamation mark inside.

    But in the same albums the portrait pictures work fine. Its just the landscape pictures that seem to be affected.

    Can anyone help with this problem please?

    Thanks

    Sam

  2. #2
    iphoto help

    Member Since
    Apr 22, 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    687
    Your Mac's Specs
    2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
    Rep Power
    14
    Did you by chance rotate them in the library in finder? One must stay out of that library if they want to use iPhoto. Changing anything in there will cause the app to not work correctly, and will give you the exact behavior you are experiencing.

    You might try rebuilding the library. Hold down the option key while starting iPhoto and follow the directions. If that does not work, report back and we'll see what we can do to help you.
    Mary

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
    Did you by chance rotate them in the library in finder? One must stay out of that library if they want to use iPhoto. Changing anything in there will cause the app to not work correctly, and will give you the exact behavior you are experiencing.

    You might try rebuilding the library. Hold down the option key while starting iPhoto and follow the directions. If that does not work, report back and we'll see what we can do to help you.
    Hi Skybolt
    I tried that and didnt seem to know what i was doing. Its asked me to create a new library or select an existing one. It didnt give me an option to rebuild.
    It just kept on going to my iPhoto.
    Anything else i should be doing?
    Cheers

  4. #4
    chas_m
    Guest
    Skybolt should have said "hold down the *command and* option keys to get the rebuild options."

  5. #5
    iphoto help

    Member Since
    Apr 22, 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    687
    Your Mac's Specs
    2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Skybolt should have said "hold down the *command and* option keys to get the rebuild options."
    Thanks for correcting me! Got my fingers working too fast on that darn "enter" key!
    Mary

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
    Thanks for correcting me! Got my fingers working too fast on that darn "enter" key!
    Thanks. All working fine now. I rebuilt the library.

    Cheers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 03:44 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 08:52 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 07:22 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 01:59 PM
  5. iphoto 5 - reinstalled OS and need to import previous library and folders for iPhoto
    By misteratm in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 10:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •