Thread: iphoto help

iphoto help
    Hi,
    i have thousands of photos in my iPhoto. All of them show as thumbnails although some of them when clicked will not appear as a large photo. Instead,a grey screen appears with an exclamation mark inside.

But in the same albums the portrait pictures work fine. Its just the landscape pictures that seem to be affected.

Can anyone help with this problem please?

Thanks

Sam

iphoto help

Your Mac's Specs
    2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
    Did you by chance rotate them in the library in finder? One must stay out of that library if they want to use iPhoto. Changing anything in there will cause the app to not work correctly, and will give you the exact behavior you are experiencing.

You might try rebuilding the library. Hold down the option key while starting iPhoto and follow the directions. If that does not work, report back and we'll see what we can do to help you.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
    Did you by chance rotate them in the library in finder? One must stay out of that library if they want to use iPhoto. Changing anything in there will cause the app to not work correctly, and will give you the exact behavior you are experiencing.

You might try rebuilding the library. Hold down the option key while starting iPhoto and follow the directions. If that does not work, report back and we'll see what we can do to help you.
    Hi Skybolt
    I tried that and didnt seem to know what i was doing. Its asked me to create a new library or select an existing one. It didnt give me an option to rebuild.
    It just kept on going to my iPhoto.
    Anything else i should be doing?
    Cheers

chas_m
    Skybolt should have said "hold down the *command and* option keys to get the rebuild options."

iphoto help

Your Mac's Specs
    2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Skybolt should have said "hold down the *command and* option keys to get the rebuild options."
    Thanks for correcting me! Got my fingers working too fast on that darn "enter" key!
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
    Thanks for correcting me! Got my fingers working too fast on that darn "enter" key!
    Thanks. All working fine now. I rebuilt the library.

Cheers

Thread Information