Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Shopping for a new photo printer.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 24", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, 640Gb HD, 8Gb iPod (thanks son!)
    Wow! How things have changed since I purchased my Canon i950 (2003?). It's starting to have issues so a new one will be needed soon.

It seems nowadays multifunction is the big player. I have always avoided such products because while they may do all things good, they don't do the one thing I want it to do great.

So, I'm looking for a recommendation for a home high quality, standard size photo printer.

Any suggestions?

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I just got myself an Epson Photo Stylus 1400. It's a medium format printer, and snagged it for $189 USD new which is pretty dirt cheap.

List of the best 5 photo printers from cnet.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

chas_m
    I am rather suspicious of C|Net for a variety of reasons, but the complete omission of Epson's rather marvellous inkjet printers cinches the deal: they mean "the best printers that advertise with us," not "the best printers."

Nothing against the models they picked, but Epson has a pretty strong reputation in this specific category. I've found their Stylus Photo R(xxxx) line to be really excellent.

Your Mac's Specs
    You know what's weird? None of Canon's US printers include the CD/DVD print feature. This seems odd when the exact model does have this in Canada & Europe? I even emailed Canon USA to verify this & they did stating they elected not to in this market & do not offer a kit to convert it. Just seems strange as Epson models in the US @ similar price points do.

Your Mac's Specs
    Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
    IMO, a good photo printer is never going to be affordable to most of us. I decided to buy a B&W laser printer for home use, and outsource my photo printing to someone who can afford the best equipment. (snapfish, etc.)

The best printer most of us can afford will not hold a candle to a pro grade dye sublimation printer.

Put a flatbed scanner where your printer used to go.

You might give that a thought.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
    IMO, a good photo printer is never going to be affordable to most of us. I decided to buy a B&W laser printer for home use, and outsource my photo printing to someone who can afford the best equipment. (snapfish, etc.)

The best printer most of us can afford will not hold a candle to a pro grade dye sublimation printer.

Put a flatbed scanner where your printer used to go.

You might give that a thought.
    I have & it's a good thought. I will agree whatever I buy would never produce as HQ as the pros. I use the pros for high volume needs (saves printer heads & ink). But, the convenience of quickly printing decent color photo is a must. Somehow, having a printed sample in my hands put things in a far different prospective than looking at it on my monitor.

Hi,
    By the information from my pals and through surfing i would like to suggest you some that may help you...
    Epson Artisan 700
    Polaroid Pogo
    HP Color LaserJet CP2025n ... pick the one that serves your purpose well..

Thank you.

Thread Information