Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mac Forum Forced Password Change?
    Peter, my congratulations as well.

Unfortunately deleting everything that even remotely sniffs of Mozilla and starting from scratch is not really an option for me. I have just too many sites set up for either auto-log in or semi-auto login with FireFox which I would all have to redo.
    And I ended up using FireFox in the first place because a few years back it was the only browser that would actually work on all the sites I regularly visit - Safari at the time was terrible and Chrome didn't work on all sites properly.
    Brave and some of the newer browsers weren't available at the time.
    When FireFox introduced "Quantum", that browser started to go downhill for me too with features I use disappearing, so maybe next time I run into the mac-forums password issue I may have to rethink my default browser setting.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    When FireFox introduced "Quantum", that browser started to go downhill for me too with features I use disappearing, so maybe next time I run into the mac-forums password issue I may have to rethink my default browser setting.
    I think I mentioned it before but at one time Firefox was the only browser that worked well for both Linux and Windows. I used it for years and never had any difficulty with it. And for awhile it worked okay with macOS, however, in recent years it became unstable for me and I had to abandon it. Mozilla likewise began making changes with Thunderbird which I used for both macOS and Windows when I was running both systems.

I'm currently using Safari and Chrome which work well. I know a lot of folks distrust Chrome but that doesn't bother me. The choice of a browser seems to be as personal as one's choice of how they take their coffee.

The choice of a browser seems to be as personal as one's choice of how they take their coffee.

AFAIC, it also helps when a browser will actually work with sites one wants to visit and read as well as having some of its parts work the way the user wants.

Those are mainly the reasons I had to give up using Safari, and then things started changing in Firefox too often so I settled on using Chrome that seems to be the most stable for me. But I did have to go and find some Chrome extensions to get it modified and working more or less the way I wanted it to or at least closer to some viewing options I wanted.

So yes, I would agree, a browser can become quite a personalized application, but it's really nice when it works the way one expects it to and without a lot of hassles to get it that way.

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information