Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: View My Post

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    Here's a screen shot of what I get when I click on "My Posts",

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 3.26.39 PM.png

I don't get my posts, or anything close. I've never use it before, so I don't know what would usually come up.

I usually only use "New Posts" and go through all the new ones.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    I'm too lazy to post a screen shot but that's not what mine looks like. I definitely see "my posts" and then below that "advanced search" just as Dennis described.

I'm wondering now if that particular view is only for Staff members?

@Ashwin, Slydude,

What do you guys see?

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I'm too lazy to post a screen shot but that's not what mine looks like. I definitely see "my posts" and then below that "advanced search" just as Dennis described.

@Ashwin, Slydude,

What do you guys see?

I was going to say about the same thing. I have a feeling it's some kind of user account issue that only affects certain accounts. Will the other Mods try it and see what you get?

Also Nick, do you see what Charlie and I are seeing?

I just read all the posts in this thread and Sly says he has the issue also and he is a Moderator.

View My Post
    I don't get my posts, or anything close. I've never use it before, so I don't know what would usually come up.

I get exactly the same view you get in your #16 post. Except of course mine shows my "exact username".

I don't know what it should look like as I would normally access my posts from my profile page.

- Patrick
    ======

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    I just tried this again to be sure. I used to get a screen like Dennis's in post 11. Now I get Bob's screen (post 16). I have to enter my name of coourse instead of his but you get the idea. It has been this way since the forum change and perhaps slightly before.
    Last edited by Slydude; 09-20-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    I just tried this again to be sure. I used to get a screen like Dennis's in post 11. Now I get Bob's screen (post 16). I have to enter my name of coourse instead of his but you get the idea. It has been this way since the forum change and perhaps slightly before.
    Makes me wonder if just us Admins are getting the proper page. There was another person besides Charlie that got what I posted.

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    It looks like Rod Sprague gets it in post #13. He’s a “premium member”, which I know everyone says doesn’t matter, but it seems to.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    It looks like Rod Sprague gets it in post #13. He’s a “premium member”, which I know everyone says doesn’t matter, but it seems to.
    Premium members at one time were given the ad-free skin and a choice of using other skins which were not available to everyone. Staff members also have access to the ad-free skin but according to Slydude, he isn't seeing what Dennis nor I am seeing. Still a mystery.

We'll have to ask other Premium members if they can see their own posts. I'm trying to remember who are the other Premium members are that post often. I believe Lisa is a Premium Member. We'll have to ask her what she's seeing.

@Ashwin, Slydude,

What do you guys see?
    I see what Bob sees, and if I enter the random word I get the results. However, i get all the threads that I started, not threads I posted in (which used to be the way it used to work). I used to use the My Posts link the past to see if any of the threads I posted on had updates to which I could add or not.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

View My Post
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    I'm a Premium Member and clicking on "My Posts" brings up a simple list of those - as always.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.32.43 pm?.png

Ian
    Ian

View My Post
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Whilst we're on "changed or unusual" features:

Anyone noticed that all our Mac Specs are in triplicate?

Ian
    Ian

Looks like the My Posts links now works as I remember it too and I also see the Moderated Posts/Threads links that I wasn't before.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    Looks like the My Posts links now works as I remember it too and I also see the Moderated Posts/Threads links that I wasn't before.
    Seconded. I just tried on my iPad and I got only posts I replied to. No more Advanced Search boxes.

I know this isn’t the thread for forum issues, but I also noticed, the New Posts page is back to normal and removing viewed threads.
    -- Bob --

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacOS HiSierra MacBookPro ( Retina,15 inches Late 2013 Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 16GB,
    Same here Dennis. I don't believe anything has changed unless I'm misunderstanding what Ron is seeing and what he's expecting.
    I m getting the same as Ferrarr but today MY Post is working. Not sure why. Maybe its because I change my passwords
    Thanks for help
    Last edited by Dittoman1; 09-21-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Thanks in Advance
    Ron

View My Post
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacOS HiSierra MacBookPro ( Retina,15 inches Late 2013 Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 16GB,
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    WHen I did it on my iPad, Advanced Search was open, with all the option boxes, and the “captcha” box too. My posts were not on the page.

Edit: Here’s my screen grab.

Attachment 28492
    Thats exact what I m getting but today it works...wondering !! Ferrarr, is yours working ok now??
    Thanks in Advance
    Ron

Thread Information