Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apple Watch forum?

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
    Apple Watch forum?
    With the imminent arrival of the Apple Watch, would it be useful to have a dedicated forum for it?

Apple Watch forum?
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    We'll have to wait and see what the response to it will be. However, since having an Apple Watch also requires owning an iPhone, we may just group it into the same forum. Thanks for your interest.

Apple Watch forum?
    There is the Other Hardware and Peripherals forum that can be used for the Apple Watch and perhaps if there is a lot of discussion we can create a separate forum just for Apple Watch.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Apple Watch forum?
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    There is the Other Hardware and Peripherals forum that can be used for the Apple Watch and perhaps if there is a lot of discussion we can create a separate forum just for Apple Watch.
    Considering that this forum is a Apple Forum, IMHO, the Watch deserves its own sub-forum, because as we all know, the iPod wasn't going to be a big seller, as it was the first of its kind, and I believe the same about the Watch.

Let us do it justice, by making a Sub-Forum for it.

EDIT: And should go under iPod, iPhone and iPad forum, seeing you need the iPhone for it to be of use.
    Last edited by TattooedMac; 04-10-2015 at 12:06 AM. Reason: corrected a autocorrect
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Apple Watch forum?
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Considering that this forum is a Apple Forum, IMHO, the Watch deserves its own sub-forum, because as we all know, the iPhoned wasn't going to be a big seller, as it was the first of its kind, and I believe the same about the Watch.

Let us do it justice, by making a Sub-Forum for it.

EDIT: And should go under iPhoned, iPhone and iPad forum, seeing you need the iPhone for it to be of use.
    I agree. I'm skeptical that it will be a smashing hit, but it should be popular enough to warrant a sub-forum, especially since many issues and questions that may arise will be more or less unique to it.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Apple Watch forum?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Administrator Vansmith has an announcement that for the time being at least we will discuss the Apple Watch in the "Other Hardware" forum. If it warrants a separate sub forum we will definitely discuss creating one and think about putting it under the iPhone.

Apple Watch forum?

Your Mac's Specs
    We need somewhere to bemoan the launch strategy! I'm gutted.

Apple Watch forum?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    chscag and I made a call on this one to pull watch discussions in under the umbrella of "other hardware" for now to see what kind of response we get. If the watch becomes popular, we'll create a forum for it and merge all the current threads about the watch. Remember, the goal is to have as few forums as possible to make it easier to find and collect content so if the number of watch discussions is small enough to fit under a current forum, it'll probably stay there.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Apple Watch forum?

Your Mac's Specs
    It was a joke...

Evidently a weak one

Apple Watch forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm View Post
    It was a joke...

Evidently a weak one
    You Brits should leave the comedy to us Yankees, we are clearly better at it!
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    chscag and I made a call on this one to pull watch discussions in under the umbrella of "other hardware" for now to see what kind of response we get. If the watch becomes popular, we'll create a forum for it and merge all the current threads about the watch. Remember, the goal is to have as few forums as possible to make it easier to find and collect content so if the number of watch discussions is small enough to fit under a current forum, it'll probably stay there.
    Lame.

The "other hardware" forum is filled with info 3rd party type stuff like bluetooth speakers and whatnot. This is NOT a 3rd party piece of hardward.

If I want to find threads on the apple watch, I now have to sift thru all of that???

I strongly second the motion to have it as a sub-forum in the iphone section.

I mean, c'mon, even the Apple TV has it's own sub forum.

Apple Watch forum?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther Mac View Post
    Lame.
    OK...

The "other hardware" forum is filled with info 3rd party type stuff like bluetooth speakers and whatnot. This is NOT a 3rd party piece of hardward.
    Nowhere does the description for that forum say that it's exclusively for third party hardware. In fact, it says quite the opposite: "Other Apple systems and peripherals..."

If I want to find threads on the apple watch, I now have to sift thru all of that???
    If you don't want to sift through threads, use the search box if you need to find something specific.

I mean, c'mon, even the Apple TV has it's own sub forum.
    An estimated two million watches were sold. Apple has sold 25 million ATVs. I think it's easier to justify a forum for a product that has much larger use.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Apple Watch forum?
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    An estimated two million watches were sold. Apple has sold 25 million ATVs. I think it's easier to justify a forum for a product that has much larger use.
    For now
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

OK...

Nowhere does the description for that forum say that it's exclusively for third party hardware. In fact, it says quite the opposite: "Other Apple systems and peripherals..."
    So what. The description of the forum is one thing. What it actually is, is another. Take one look in that forum and it's mostly all 3rd party stuff on the first page.

If you don't want to sift through threads, use the search box if you need to find something specific.
    Then why have any sub forums? Why not just search for everything!

For now. Nevermind the fact that the AppleTV sold half as many units in it's first year of existence compared to the Apple Watch in just it's first month. And it's taken 8 years to reach 25 million in sales for the Apple TV.

Apple has sold probably 50 million USB chargers, does that product deserve it's own forum?

You're acting like creating a new sub forum is any more than a few clicks of a mouse.
    Last edited by Luther Mac; 05-13-2015 at 03:19 AM.

Apple Watch forum?
    Your Mac's Specs
    You're acting like creating a new sub forum is any more than a few clicks of a mouse.
    And you're acting disrespectful. Tone it down.... we'll setup an Apple Watch forum when we judge it's time to do so. In the meantime discussion of the Apple Watch will be in the "Other Hardware Forum".

Thread Information