Cant post in For Sale Forum - Is there a minimum post limit?
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 27", 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram
    Hi,

Although I've joined the forum awhile back, I'm wanting to sell my MBA however, I dont have permissions to post a for sale ad in the forum. Is there a minimum post limit before I can post there?

Thanks,
    Darren

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 27", 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram
    Update: I'm able to post now. Thanks!
    Darren

Yeah, that did help a lot. Oddly enough that doesn't even have 10k views yet!

So the magic number is about 10-15 posts? Sorry, couldn't help but gaze at your post history, Gadgetman.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Inabsentia View Post
    Yeah, that did help a lot. Oddly enough that doesn't even have 10k views yet!

So the magic number is about 10-15 posts? Sorry, couldn't help but gaze at your post history, Gadgetman.
    There's far more to the algorithm to determine if you can post in that forum beyond just post count. That number of posts alone will not get you access.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

You should make this a sticky because I'm new here and was thinking the same thing and was about to post until I saw this thread .

Your Mac's Specs
    Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
    Quote Originally Posted by SonyCosmos View Post
    You should make this a sticky because I'm new here and was thinking the same thing and was about to post until I saw this thread .
    Mac-Forums.com - Announcements in Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade

It already is. You just have to not be lazy before using the forums.
    -Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Printerman View Post
    Mac-Forums.com - Announcements in Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade

It already is. You just have to not be lazy before using the forums.
    Yep, Your right ... Looking in the wrong room ... but its ok because I need to add more posts to my account lol

Your Mac's Specs
    2018 MacBook Air / Core i5 @ 1.6GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD
    Yep, Your right ... Looking in the wrong room ... but its ok because I need to add more posts to my account lol
    There's more to it than just post count. Regardless, no one wants to buy from someone they don't know, particularly in a forum setting, where the buyer has absolutely no protection whatsoever.

This forum is not a marketplace. If that's what you're looking for, check out eBay or Craigslist.

And if you do try to "game the system", don't expect to be a member here very long.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    There's more to it than just post count. Regardless, no one wants to buy from someone they don't know, particularly in a forum setting, where the buyer has absolutely no protection whatsoever.

This forum is not a marketplace. If that's what you're looking for, check out eBay or Craigslist.

And if you do try to "game the system", don't expect to be a member here very long.
    Relax man, I didn't come here mainly to sell it . I more interested with the software help and hardware issues , though I don't plan on keeping it because it would take a long time to learn Apple OS . So i thought I was giving a pretty good deal if someone was to be interested . Yeah , you are right I wil try to sell it there , thanks

Your Mac's Specs
    Relax man, I didn't come here mainly to sell it . I more interested with the software help and hardware issues , though I don't plan on keeping it because it would take a long time to learn Apple OS . So i thought I was giving a pretty good deal if someone was to be interested . Yeah , you are right I wil try to sell it there , thanks
    I'm perfectly relaxed. I just want to make sure you understand that when we say the Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for established members only, that we mean it.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I'm perfectly relaxed. I just want to make sure you understand that when we say the Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for established members only, that we mean it.
    That's cool and understandable . I'm new , just make sense .

new member purchasing
    I am a new member as well, having just purchased my first Mac. Was on looking for info, which I found, thanks. But also looked at buy/sell section. I did read your rules and your initial posts back in 2006 as to wanting to keep it a civil situation. I wanted to ask if it is ok to contact someone to purchase something, it has been listed for several months so I assume any current members are not really interested in buying and so the best service to the member selling would be to help them sell it. Since I am new to the Mac world I dont know how long it would take me to actually be able to post any real contribution! Would appreciate your consideration.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimac View Post
    I am a new member as well, having just purchased my first Mac. Was on looking for info, which I found, thanks. But also looked at buy/sell section. I did read your rules and your initial posts back in 2006 as to wanting to keep it a civil situation. I wanted to ask if it is ok to contact someone to purchase something, it has been listed for several months so I assume any current members are not really interested in buying and so the best service to the member selling would be to help them sell it. Since I am new to the Mac world I dont know how long it would take me to actually be able to post any real contribution! Would appreciate your consideration.
    This thread explains the restrictions in better detail:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/buy...trictions.html

Unfortunately, the Buy/Sell/Trade forum is restricted (for both buyers and sellers) to established members.

I did read it thanks, since it was vague on what the criteria was, I thought consideration might be given to length of time item had been sitting on board waiting to be purchased.
    Thanks anyhow.

Thread Information