Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Good Seller/Bad Seller List
    Your Mac's Specs
    yeahhhh...might need to look at my signature
    As expected, Pigoo3 is a great seller! Thanks bud
    3.0GHz 10core Mac Pro 6.13.46GHz 6core Mac Pro 5.12.66GHz 4core Mac Pro 4.12.2GHz 6core i7 15" MacBook Pro w/TB 15.12.3GHz 4core i7 15" Retina MacBook Pro 11.32.4GHz C2D 15" MacBook Pro 5.12.4GHz C2D 13" MacBook Pro 7.1

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Same thing back at you iggibar. Great buyer. Very fast payment...hassle free!!!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

I'm not sure if its just because kslingo didn't know any better but he was asking 60 dollars plus shipping for a apple tv 2. I offered him what he asked and implied i was trying to rip him off because they are going for more on eBay. (i did think 60 was a good deal but like i told him i thought he was just trying to give Mac Forums members a good deal. I also have seed them on craigslist for his similar asking price.)

I am unsure how this makes me a rip off.

I suggested he raise his price if he wants more which he did.

I mostly just take offense to him saying I was trying to rip him off. Maybe he isn't that great of a person to buy items from.

I'm just saying.
    Last edited by RustProofCorn; 09-18-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade, OSX 14.4 Mojave,
    One wonders with one post a year and all the complaints and aspersions cast, why this thread is kept active?
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    It's for historical purposes Harry. While we do not have near as much activity in the BST forum as we did several years ago, we occasionally run into the same folks who have something to sell. It's always nice to be able to go back and read the various remarks about buyers and sellers especially the ones who repeat.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
    I'm not sure if its just because kslingo didn't know any better but he was asking 60 dollars plus shipping for a apple tv 2. I offered him what he asked and implied i was trying to rip him off because they are going for more on eBay. (i did think 60 was a good deal but like i told him i thought he was just trying to give Mac Forums members a good deal. I also have seed them on craigslist for his similar asking price.)

I am unsure how this makes me a rip off.

I suggested he raise his price if he wants more which he did.

I mostly just take offense to him saying I was trying to rip him off. Maybe he isn't that great of a person to buy items from.

I'm just saying.
    Some people are just not educated on their item's value. In this case, not a lot of people know that the ATV-2 is worth more than what it originally sold for from Apple for one reason: jailbreaking. When they find out that they can make way more, they'll do whatever they can to get out of the old deal. Just part ways. It's not your fault for offering what he was asking for. It's his mistake for jumping to sell it before knowing what it sells for. You can't really be ripping him off when you offered to pay his asking price. That's just silly!!
    3.0GHz 10core Mac Pro 6.13.46GHz 6core Mac Pro 5.12.66GHz 4core Mac Pro 4.12.2GHz 6core i7 15" MacBook Pro w/TB 15.12.3GHz 4core i7 15" Retina MacBook Pro 11.32.4GHz C2D 15" MacBook Pro 5.12.4GHz C2D 13" MacBook Pro 7.1

Your Mac's Specs
    Have there really been NO selling feedback since 2014?

There has been not much or any selling happening for a long time.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Your Mac's Specs
    2018 MacBook Air / Core i5 @ 1.6GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by iggibar View Post
    Have there really been NO selling feedback since 2014?
    We had to shutter this forum back in the day due to problems with fraud and liability with the parent company at the time. But it's a new day and age, so hopefully the current admin team are looking at options for reinvigorating B/S/T!
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Your Mac's Specs
    I was surprised when I noticed my name still as the last poster on the feedback list. I've seen posts going back years, but I didn't know they didn't pan out between our members.

I wonder how we could help with this...

Your Mac's Specs
    The B/S/T area has normally not been that busy. It's basically here as a convenience for members...and there are minimum member requirements to post here. If we removed the minimum requirements...this area could very likely be filled with newly registered members who ONLY registered to sell a single item...then disappear (and possibly not be the most trustworthy). This is not the sort of member we want posting in the B/S/T.

Regarding good seller/bad seller feedback. This is only one aspect of the B/S/T area. Not every person selling an item on eBay or Amazon leaves feedback...and not every person having dinner at a local restaurant leaves feedback on Yelp...and thus the same thing with Mac-Forums. Human nature usually is that those persons that have a bad experience are probably more likely to leave feedback than persons who had a positive experience.

Yes there may not have been any additional good seller/bad seller feedback since 2014...but that's not to say there hasn't been any activity in the B/S/T area since 2014 (just not a lot of transaction feedback). Transaction feedback is just one part of the B/S/T area.

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Your Mac's Specs
    2018 MacBook Air / Core i5 @ 1.6GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    The B/S/T area has normally not been that busy. It's basically here as a convenience for members...and there are minimum member requirements to post here. If we removed the minimum requirements...this area could very likely be filled with newly registered members who ONLY registered to sell a single item...then disappear (and possibly not be the most trustworthy). This is not the sort of member we want posting in the B/S/T.

Regarding good seller/bad seller feedback. This is only one aspect of the B/S/T area. Not every person selling an item on eBay or Amazon leaves feedback...and not every person having dinner at a local restaurant leaves feedback on Yelp...and thus the same thing with Mac-Forums. Human nature usually is that those persons that have a bad experience are probably more likely to leave feedback than persons who had a positive experience.

Yes there may not have been any additional good seller/bad seller feedback since 2014...but that's not to say there hasn't been any activity in the B/S/T area since 2014 (just not a lot of transaction feedback). Transaction feedback is just one part of the B/S/T area.

- Nick
    Hmmm.... I seem to recall we had the forum hidden for some time. But it's been a while, so I could totally be off-base.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Hmmm.... I seem to recall we had the forum hidden for some time. But it's been a while, so I could totally be off-base.
    If you remember the B/S/T area being turned off for a while...I'm sure it's true (I can't quite remember). I bet there may have been some issues & it got turned off. Then turned back on when things seemed right.

- Nick

Thread Information