Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Good Seller/Bad Seller List
    Your Mac's Specs
    2012 iMac 27" i7 - iPAD 16gb - Mac mini G4 - ATV3
    Just received my iPAD 16g wi-fi from Mac23. Transaction went without a hitch, was a pleasure to deal with him.

Your Mac's Specs
    '09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
    I want to caution would-be buyers and sellers to be careful when dealing with swan44. I'm not sure if anybody has any success stories about their dealings with him but I paid him $800 on Saturday, February 19th for a 13" MacBook Pro (that he was selling in this thread). After he confirmed that he received my payment he never sent me the item. He told me he would send it the following Wednesday, February 23 (which should have been my first clue since UPS doesn't close for President's Day--one of the reasons he gave me for shipping it on Wednesday instead of Monday). I've continuously contacted him via PM's and e-mail and he hasn't responded to anything. I never received a tracking number, nor any other indication as to when I could expect the MacBook.

I consider myself an extremely patient and understanding individual, but I gave him $800 of my hard earned cash and never saw anything for it. After 15 days of waiting for the package to arrive, I called PayPal and filed a claim. Hopefully he'll respond and we can arrive at a solution, otherwise I'll be wanting my money back.

I'm not angry about the situation, I want it to work out one way or another. But unless he contacts me with a reasonable excuse as to why things have played out the way they have, this feedback review will remain the same.

Your Mac's Specs
    2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
    Jawed is a great seller
    Jawed sold me an iPod Touch. The communication was prompt and shilling was speedy.
    Old time Computer Hardware Tech
    Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!

Just liked to point out that Ronin67 was a pleasure to deal with. Quick responses (despite time difference) and quick and careful shipping. iMac was in great condition.

Thanks,

Nate

Your Mac's Specs
    *27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
    Top rated seller!!
    Add ARTnVIDEO to the GOOD seller list!
    Yet another amazing Mac Forums purchase!
    ****I would like to thank the Mac Forums team again for an awesome site, with out you guys I would not be where I am today****
    Fact: Did you know most of the nicest down to earth people you meet own a Mac? great personality, knows quality, and well........ "just think different"
    That I can vouch for 100%

GREAT Seller
    Ronin67 is a fabulous Seller. He was patient and promtply answered my (many) questions, had top-of-the-line product for us to enter into the Mac field at a great price. Stellar communication, superb packing, lightning quick shipping. We have a like-new 2011 quad core Macbook Pro for our ministry and couldn't have had a better experience buying it. Only five days to get it here from Japan and it looks to be in perfect condition. We've bought many things online over the years --- but no experience was as positive as this one ... which is really saying something, considering my anxiety at getting "burned" with such a large purchase from a stranger. Highly recommend him to all!

Beware of bargsbeer!!
    I paid $360 to bargsbeer for iPad 2 16Gb Wi-Fi on July 30, 2011. I've been trying to contact him about shipment. He has disappeared since the payment was made. Never received the iPad nor any responses. Guess I will need to file a case with PayPal to get my money back.

I'm new to this forums. I trusted him because he has a lot of posts here. Please be careful when dealing with bargsbeer.

Your Mac's Specs
    13 inch 2012 Air
    I should have posted it alot sooner but i had forgot. This transaction took place around nov 5, 2010. I sold an aluminum Unibody macbook to srtnation. he payed me and he received the item. he told me he was going to leave feedback for me but I didnt see it. maybe I missed it. anyway he payed me and everything went smooth despite his low post count.

this is my forsale thread. he did leave feedback for me about the laptop in the last post.
    WTS Unibody Macbook - $499.00
    Last edited by safarisurfer; 08-13-2011 at 05:09 PM.

I'm with charliemikeoh, Ronin67 is a bada** seller. Answered questions promptly despite time difference, and fast shipping. A+++++

Quote Originally Posted by duong625 View Post
    I'm with charliemikeoh, Ronin67 is a bada** seller. Answered questions promptly despite time difference, and fast shipping. A+++++

Right back at you doung625! Great buyer!!! Payment was sent ASAP. Great to deal with A++++++.

Quote Originally Posted by charliemikeoh View Post
    Ronin67 is a fabulous Seller. He was patient and promtply answered my (many) questions, had top-of-the-line product for us to enter into the Mac field at a great price. Stellar communication, superb packing, lightning quick shipping. We have a like-new 2011 quad core Macbook Pro for our ministry and couldn't have had a better experience buying it. Only five days to get it here from Japan and it looks to be in perfect condition. We've bought many things online over the years --- but no experience was as positive as this one ... which is really saying something, considering my anxiety at getting "burned" with such a large purchase from a stranger. Highly recommend him to all!
    charliemikeoh is great buyer who was a real pleasure to deal with. Extra fast payment. I would sell anything to her again in a heartbeat. Recommend to anyone on Mac-Forums! A++++++.

Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 rMBP
    Warning: Do not buy from brunolima
    Everyone:

I put a post up wanted a iPad 2. This member replied to me stating he had one that was about 1.5 months old and was selling because he got a DUI and needed money. I agreed and said I would pay over paypal. He requested for me to send the money as a gift (which I almost did) and he would sell for $400 if not he would sell for $450 (to cover the charge paypal does after selling). I told him I would not do the gift route because there was no buyer protection. So I sent the money on Friday...he stated he would ship Saturday. That never happened ( he stated he got off work too late and would ship Monday...ok that's a valid reason.) While moving all the Paypal emails to my flagged box I realized that the email he gave for Paypal wasn't even his name from the emails on here and his "other account". I called him out on it and he claimed "his old email had tons of spam so he made this one". At 0730 this morning I received an email from the REAL paypal guy (Mr. Rafael Mendes) and told me his account had been hacked/broken into while he was on vacation. He has had over $5K in sales in under 4 days. He called Paypal and had his account suspended and requested an investigation. I then called paypal and filed a dispute.

BOTTOM LINE: STAY AWAY FROM BRUNOLIMA. Paypal is in the process of giving me my money back and fixing this poor guys account. This BRUNO guy also put his own bank account on the Paypal account amongst other things.

I guess the ADMIN/MODS should ban his account from this site bc he is full of "cow pies".
    Last edited by pigoo3; 09-19-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    I agreed and said I would pay over paypal. He requested for me to send the money as a gift (which I almost did) and he would sell for $400 if not he would sell for $450 (to cover the charge paypal does after selling). I told him I would not do the gift route because there was no buyer protection. So I sent the money on Friday...he stated he would ship Saturday.

I then called paypal and filed a dispute.
    Good call not doing the "gift" method...this is really a big scam...and as you mentioned...if you send money as a gift with Paypal...you have no recourse/protection.

Filing a dispute is all you can do. Unfortunately you have to wait 10 days for the "seller" to respond to the dispute (assuming the seller doesn't respond). Then Paypal will most likely rule in your favor...then you have to wait another 3-5 days for the money to actually show up in your Paypal account.

Good luck,

- Nick

p.s. I had a VERY similar thing happen to me recently!

p.s. If you could...post in the "good seller/bad seller" sticky list in the B/S/T forum regarding not dealing with this seller.
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Note: Merged into the sticky thread.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Your Mac's Specs
    2018 MacBook Air / Core i5 @ 1.6GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    Everyone:

I put a post up wanted a iPad 2. This member replied to me stating he had one that was about 1.5 months old and was selling because he got a DUI and needed money. I agreed and said I would pay over paypal. He requested for me to send the money as a gift (which I almost did) and he would sell for $400 if not he would sell for $450 (to cover the charge paypal does after selling). I told him I would not do the gift route because there was no buyer protection. So I sent the money on Friday...he stated he would ship Saturday. That never happened ( he stated he got off work too late and would ship Monday...ok that's a valid reason.) While moving all the Paypal emails to my flagged box I realized that the email he gave for Paypal wasn't even his name from the emails on here and his "other account". I called him out on it and he claimed "his old email had tons of spam so he made this one". At 0730 this morning I received an email from the REAL paypal guy (Mr. Rafael Mendes) and told me his account had been hacked/broken into while he was on vacation. He has had over $5K in sales in under 4 days. He called Paypal and had his account suspended and requested an investigation. I then called paypal and filed a dispute.

BOTTOM LINE: STAY AWAY FROM BRUNOLIMA. Paypal is in the process of giving me my money back and fixing this poor guys account. This BRUNO guy also put his own bank account on the Paypal account amongst other things.

I guess the ADMIN/MODS should ban his account from this site bc he is full of "cow pies".
    He must have sent you a PM, as members that new can't post in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum at all.

We do this for good reason, because it's become a haven for scam artists like him.

Everyone reading this: Please heed my advice... there is a reason we have our Buy/Sell/Trade forum restricted to established members. It is trivial to create an account here and promise to buy or sell something. We have done our best to try to prevent this by restricting the buy/sell/trade forum only to our regular members. That won't stop someone from sending a PM.

If someone approaches you in PM, I would recommend ignoring it or reporting the PM (if they're new). And please, don't buy or sell to someone who hasn't been here long, doesn't have a significant rep level or has only a few posts. You're just asking for trouble. There a professional scammers out there that do this for a living. Approach EVERY transaction with skepticism and caution.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information