Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Question Anyone do Vintage Macintoshing?
    Sorry but I don't think there is a proper place to put this on, but move it if there is. I wasn't planning on selling them on this website but if someone is interested let me know.

In my quest of saving up for a Macbook Pro, I have been buying things and turning around to sell them for a little profit. Well I have come across a Mac 128K M0001 on Craigslist. The guy is selling for his Uncle, who has grown too old and is selling all the computers he had. He claims that out of state people have contacted him on it(which he doesn't want to deal with) But I can only have it if I bought the rest of the Macs he has, everything for $100.

What he has:
    The prize- Macintosh 128K- has mouse, keyboard, external floppy drive
    Macintosh II ci M5780 with external CD drive- assuming it isn't worth anything
    Powerbook 1400c with 166 MHz processor- also guessing it isn't worth anything
    Also two printers, didn't show them to me, not sure what they are or anything

He is not sure if he has the disks for the 128K, assuming he doesn't, would this be a worthwhile buy? Is there a different forum that might be more suitable? Thanks!

Anyone do Vintage Macintoshing?
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Thread moved to the B/S/T forum. Definitely not a 'Switcher Hangout" topic. The "Switcher Hangout" forum is for posts/members who are either thinking about, or are in the process of switching from a Windows computer to a Macintosh.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by TabletRevlution View Post
    What he has:
    The prize- Macintosh 128K- has mouse, keyboard, external floppy drive
    Macintosh II ci M5780 with external CD drive- assuming it isn't worth anything
    Powerbook 1400c with 166 MHz processor- also guessing it isn't worth anything
    Also two printers, didn't show them to me, not sure what they are or anything

He is not sure if he has the disks for the 128K, assuming he doesn't, would this be a worthwhile buy? Is there a different forum that might be more suitable? Thanks!
    Like you mentioned...the Mac 128k is the most valuable computer in that group...but I wouldn't exactly call it a "prize". Yeah...if you look on e-Bay...some folks are asking unbelievable prices for them. But the question is...do they ever sell for a decent amount...or will the seller just keep re-listing them when they don't sell for ever & ever??...who knows.

The Mac IIci...I could have bought one of those a couple weeks ago for about $15 bucks. I wouldn't pay much more for the Powerbook 1400 (I have one). The Mac 128k (depending on who wants it)...may only be worth $10 bucks...or maybe $50. But it may not sell at all.

Not having old OS disks & software makes the sale of these OLD OLD Mac's more difficult. The other problem with the old CRT based Mac's (especially the OLDER ones from the 1980's)...is how much wear & tear do they have, is the CRT display in decent shape...or is the display on it's last legs.

All of this are just my personal opinions. I stay pretty active tracking approximate values of old Mac's (slightly old thru VERY old). I have been doing this "hobby" for a long time!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
    I sell used electronics for a living. Most of the time with the vintage stuff the specific model number and serial numbers make a big difference. Sometimes it can be the difference between a good chunk of change and a boat anchor
    my beer blog, BEERUKEN! www.beeruken.com

Thread Information