PDA

View Full Version : decided to switch



captainstabbin
04-06-2004, 09:55 PM
I did not make the purchase yet but I have my sights on the dual 1.8 ghz Power Mac G5. My question is, are the rumors true about the dual 3.0 ghz machine coming out? If so when do u think it will be out? Should I just hold off a few months and wait so see what pans out? Do u think the prices will fall? Thanks for your input :confused:

witeshark
04-06-2004, 10:30 PM
It's all guess work... If you are ok with what you have now, waiting a bit could make some sense if all out performance is really important. I personally didn't wanna wait, so here I am with my G4 :D and I am totally pleased with it's performance

Padawan
04-07-2004, 01:49 AM
I did not make the purchase yet but I have my sights on the dual 1.8 ghz Power Mac G5. My question is, are the rumors true about the dual 3.0 ghz machine coming out? If so when do u think it will be out? Should I just hold off a few months and wait so see what pans out? Do u think the prices will fall? Thanks for your input :confused:

The prices may fall slightly, but probably not by a tremendous amount. As far as waiting is concerned, there will always be another machine on its way, it's just a matter of how long you "wait". I bought my iBook towards the very end of its life-cycle, and the G4's were introduced about 4 months later. At first I was a bit disappointed, but when I thought about it, I enjoyed using my machine for those 4 months, and there is no way I would have wanted to wait for a new one. I'm very happy with my purchase, and wouldn't change anything if I could go back and do it over again.