PDA

View Full Version : Aperture: Imports JPG + RAW when only RAW exists

Chuckoir
12-26-2011, 06:24 AM
Fellow togs, I've downloaded the trial version of Aperture 3 and I have a slight issue with it.

For a while now, I've only been shooting in RAW as I couldn't see the point of shooting in RAW+JPEG as it ate up valuable storage. I've imported my photos into iPhoto, no dramas, yet when I go to import a photo into Aperture 3, it imports 2 photos - The original RAW, and a JPEG version of the same photo.

Is there a way to stop it doing this?! Before I import my entire iPhoto library I would like to disable this function, if possible, otherwise Aperture is going to duplicate my entire iPhoto library in JPEG form which I don't want.

Am I making sense? I've had a play around with the settings, done some Googling and the only thing I've found is the ability to import RAW only, if you shoot in RAW+JPEG, but that's straight from the memory card and not from iPhoto.

Many thanks!

Chuckoir
12-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Well I've kind of got a work around, but it's less than ideal.

I've set up the external editor within iPhoto as Aperture, that way it just "imports" the single raw file.

This seems to be very counter intuitive to me, and unless I'm missing something blindingly obvious, I'm afraid I won't be purchasing Aperture when my trial runs out and will just be sticking with Adobe. Hurumph.

Chuckoir
12-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Anyone? I'm keen to get moving with Aperture but can't until I can solve this 'issue'. If it really is an issue, and just isn't me being stupid.

Doug b
12-31-2011, 12:49 AM
It's been a while since I've used Aperture, and I always remove it from my system each time I try to use it again. Been contemplating reinstalling it, but maybe our gracious Mod BrianL can chime in before I do so...

Doug

Chuckoir
01-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Anyone got any final thoughts on this on how to fix or what it is I'm doing wrong before I drag it to the trash?