PDA

View Full Version : ATT wifi - no connection

rocketman766
06-19-2010, 02:06 AM
This isn't the first time this has happened, but thought I would finally try to figure it out. When I opened up my computer, another connection was listed as a detected connection, an ATT WIFI connection. When I attempted to connect, it said I am connected, but was unable to connect to the internet. What gives? It does not have a lock icon next to it. Should I be able to connect with it? I still show connected to it although I am using a wireless card for my internet connection. How do I connect to other wifi connections?

schweb
06-19-2010, 08:19 AM
AT&T WiFi connections are not free and often require registration online each time you connect to one...unless you're using an iPhone or 3G iPad with a plan.

What laptop are you using? Not sure sure why you'd need a wireless card unless you've got a super old Powerbook or iBook without Wifi built in.

rocketman766
06-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Sorry, I didn't explain further... I am using a 2.16Ghz MBP, I was away from home and I use a Cricket mobile broadband modem when away from home, not a wireless card- my mistake in wording. This was the first time I had seen that particular ATT wifi connection listed at this location, but that makes sense about the fee. Might have been someone's device they left behind my MBP was sensing?

schweb
06-19-2010, 12:43 PM
No AT&T WiFi hotspots are run by businesses like Starbucks, hotels, airports, and McDonalds.

AT&T WiFi (http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=5949)