Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MACyMouse View Post
    Here's mine.

This was taken during my week in New Zealand, south island. This is an art gallery. I was trying my hand at taking pictures of architecture. Christchurch is where we went. Nice place but I think I'd prefer going there for the summer.
    It is a great place. Was there for 4 years during the time I was engaged in Operation Deep Freeze (Antarctica). What a great, great place. Came within a hairs-breath of moving there permanently.

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
    Haven't taken any photos this month apart from a few at the wedding. This was taken July 19 at my sisters wedding reception with a Nikon P5000 (point and shoot)

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    It is a great place. Was there for 4 years during the time I was engaged in Operation Deep Freeze (Antarctica). What a great, great place. Came within a hairs-breath of moving there permanently.
    Wow! Really? Pretty cool! We went to the International Antarctic Center. Experienced the windchill and learned about it. Saw some great little Blue Penguins... I'm not a winter person and think I'll stick to Far north queensland Australia for the tropics!

Wow! Really? Pretty cool! We went to the International Antarctic Center. Experienced the windchill and learned about it. Saw some great little Blue Penguins... I'm not a winter person and think I'll stick to Far north queensland Australia for the tropics!
    Of course, you understand I did all this in my much younger days. I am not sure how I stood the cold at the time. Coldest I remember being in was in the bottom of an ice mine and the thermometer was stuck on 180 degrees below zero F. That was when I was young and dumb (and having a ball!)

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Of course, you understand I did all this in my much younger days. I am not sure how I stood the cold at the time. Coldest I remember being in was in the bottom of an ice mine and the thermometer was stuck on 180 degrees below zero F. That was when I was young and dumb (and having a ball!)
    So is that the reason for your avatar? Or does he represent Linux?

Can't even imagine being that cold!! Here's a snap I took of the room temp we were in... it got colder but I couldn't take the wind chill. We all had jackets and overshoes, but still... I commend those who live and work there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your Mac's Specs
    White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD

I bought a new lens a couple days ago. Haven't had time to test it out much, but here's one.
    The glass on my aquarium might need some cleaning. =)

Taken on July 26. Canon 20D w/ Tamron 17-50mm

So is that the reason for your avatar? Or does he represent Linux?

Can't even imagine being that cold!! Here's a snap I took of the room temp we were in... it got colder but I couldn't take the wind chill. We all had jackets and overshoes, but still... I commend those who live and work there!
    Actually a combination of both plus I just love Penguins. 17.6 degrees would be a summer temp. We were not allowed to go into the ice until the temp warmed up to 50 degrees below. Warmest I remember was around 22 above. Course it varied depending upon which part of the coast you were on.

Your Mac's Specs
    '09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
    Was out a while back with a buddy of mine the day the big Humboldt Fire started, got a few sweet shots of CDF choppers and tankers, this one was parked next to a street near my house.

Your Mac's Specs
    macbook pro 2.4
    Here is something I took in Boise Idaho - its with a crappy digital camera that my parents gave to me 3 years ago

Your Mac's Specs
    macbook pro 2.4
    this is a great forum

Your Mac's Specs
    It's a Macbook 2.1 so yea u can find out the specs from that! it's pretty sweet that's all i'm sayin
    <---- take a look at my avatar i really like that picture of me ha ha. Could someone tell me how to post up pictures though because i am a budding photographer and i'd like some feedback but i dunno how to post them.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 13" Retina
    Quote Originally Posted by richmyles View Post
    Here is something I took in Boise Idaho - its with a crappy digital camera that my parents gave to me 3 years ago

a great one to end the month with.

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolish View Post
    Could someone tell me how to post up pictures though because i am a budding photographer and i'd like some feedback but i dunno how to post them.
    You need to be in the 'Advanced' post mode which you automatically get into when click 'Quote' to a message. Otherwise choose 'Go Advanced' just below your message when you have done a quick reply.

A half page below where you enter the text for a message you'll see 'Manage Attachments'. Chose that and a pop up window will appear that allows you to choose a file from your system to upload. You first choose the file and then click the 'Upload' button. The end result will be a small image that others can click on to see the larger image. Keep in mind what the size and resolution limits are here which are normally posted in the first message of the photo thread.

The larger images you see are links to images on other sites. Just click the icon with a mountain in it and pop up will come up letting you enter a url.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information