Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1




Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
  1. #46
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    PapaNoHair's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by MACyMouse View Post
    Here's mine.

    This was taken during my week in New Zealand, south island. This is an art gallery. I was trying my hand at taking pictures of architecture. Christchurch is where we went. Nice place but I think I'd prefer going there for the summer.
    It is a great place. Was there for 4 years during the time I was engaged in Operation Deep Freeze (Antarctica). What a great, great place. Came within a hairs-breath of moving there permanently.

  2. #47
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    joe.morgan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 27, 2006
    Location
    West London, England
    Posts
    410
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
    Rep Power
    13
    Haven't taken any photos this month apart from a few at the wedding. This was taken July 19 at my sisters wedding reception with a Nikon P5000 (point and shoot)

  3. #48
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    MACyMouse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 25, 2004
    Location
    Australia (American born)
    Posts
    712
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    It is a great place. Was there for 4 years during the time I was engaged in Operation Deep Freeze (Antarctica). What a great, great place. Came within a hairs-breath of moving there permanently.
    Wow! Really? Pretty cool! We went to the International Antarctic Center. Experienced the windchill and learned about it. Saw some great little Blue Penguins... I'm not a winter person and think I'll stick to Far north queensland Australia for the tropics!

  4. #49
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    PapaNoHair's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by MACyMouse View Post
    Wow! Really? Pretty cool! We went to the International Antarctic Center. Experienced the windchill and learned about it. Saw some great little Blue Penguins... I'm not a winter person and think I'll stick to Far north queensland Australia for the tropics!
    Of course, you understand I did all this in my much younger days. I am not sure how I stood the cold at the time. Coldest I remember being in was in the bottom of an ice mine and the thermometer was stuck on 180 degrees below zero F. That was when I was young and dumb (and having a ball!)

  5. #50
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    MACyMouse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 25, 2004
    Location
    Australia (American born)
    Posts
    712
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Of course, you understand I did all this in my much younger days. I am not sure how I stood the cold at the time. Coldest I remember being in was in the bottom of an ice mine and the thermometer was stuck on 180 degrees below zero F. That was when I was young and dumb (and having a ball!)
    So is that the reason for your avatar? Or does he represent Linux?

    Can't even imagine being that cold!! Here's a snap I took of the room temp we were in... it got colder but I couldn't take the wind chill. We all had jackets and overshoes, but still... I commend those who live and work there!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #51
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    BananaPancakes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 04, 2006
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    103
    Your Mac's Specs
    White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
    Rep Power
    13


    I bought a new lens a couple days ago. Haven't had time to test it out much, but here's one.
    The glass on my aquarium might need some cleaning. =)

    Taken on July 26. Canon 20D w/ Tamron 17-50mm

  7. #52
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    PapaNoHair's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by MACyMouse View Post
    So is that the reason for your avatar? Or does he represent Linux?

    Can't even imagine being that cold!! Here's a snap I took of the room temp we were in... it got colder but I couldn't take the wind chill. We all had jackets and overshoes, but still... I commend those who live and work there!
    Actually a combination of both plus I just love Penguins. 17.6 degrees would be a summer temp. We were not allowed to go into the ice until the temp warmed up to 50 degrees below. Warmest I remember was around 22 above. Course it varied depending upon which part of the coast you were on.

  8. #53
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    Sexy Patrol's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 13, 2006
    Location
    Upstate California
    Posts
    226
    Your Mac's Specs
    '09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
    Rep Power
    14
    Was out a while back with a buddy of mine the day the big Humboldt Fire started, got a few sweet shots of CDF choppers and tankers, this one was parked next to a street near my house.


  9. #54
    Photo of the month: July 2008

    Member Since
    Jul 12, 2008
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8
    Your Mac's Specs
    macbook pro 2.4
    Rep Power
    0
    Here is something I took in Boise Idaho - its with a crappy digital camera that my parents gave to me 3 years ago


  10. #55
    Photo of the month: July 2008

    Member Since
    Jul 12, 2008
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8
    Your Mac's Specs
    macbook pro 2.4
    Rep Power
    0
    this is a great forum

  11. #56
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    bobolish's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 26, 2008
    Location
    Cambridshire UK
    Posts
    8
    Your Mac's Specs
    It's a Macbook 2.1 so yea u can find out the specs from that! it's pretty sweet that's all i'm sayin
    Rep Power
    0
    <---- take a look at my avatar i really like that picture of me ha ha. Could someone tell me how to post up pictures though because i am a budding photographer and i'd like some feedback but i dunno how to post them.

  12. #57
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    joyseeker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 14, 2007
    Location
    Surrey UK
    Posts
    111
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 13" Retina
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by richmyles View Post
    Here is something I took in Boise Idaho - its with a crappy digital camera that my parents gave to me 3 years ago

    a great one to end the month with.

  13. #58
    Photo of the month: July 2008
    xstep's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 25, 2005
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,231
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolish View Post
    Could someone tell me how to post up pictures though because i am a budding photographer and i'd like some feedback but i dunno how to post them.
    You need to be in the 'Advanced' post mode which you automatically get into when click 'Quote' to a message. Otherwise choose 'Go Advanced' just below your message when you have done a quick reply.

    A half page below where you enter the text for a message you'll see 'Manage Attachments'. Chose that and a pop up window will appear that allows you to choose a file from your system to upload. You first choose the file and then click the 'Upload' button. The end result will be a small image that others can click on to see the larger image. Keep in mind what the size and resolution limits are here which are normally posted in the first message of the photo thread.

    The larger images you see are links to images on other sites. Just click the icon with a mountain in it and pop up will come up letting you enter a url.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

    When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

    Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Photo of the month: July 2011
    By iWhat in forum Archival Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 07:01 AM
  2. Photo of the month: July 2010
    By iWhat in forum Archival Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 09:17 PM
  3. Photo of the month: July 2009
    By iWhat in forum Archival Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 05:21 AM
  4. Photo of the month: July 2007
    By iWhat in forum Archival Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 08:59 AM
  5. Photo of the Month: July 2006
    By schweb in forum Archival Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 08:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •