Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Question How to disable "x minutes to [address]" notifications
    Every time I get in my truck to drive to work, I get a notification on my Apple Watch telling me how many minutes it will take me to get to work. Vice versa when I go home. I disabled all Maps notifications using the Watch app on my iPhone, yet I'm still getting these notifications? What gives? How do I disable them?
    -Jonathan
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) - 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012) - 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

How to disable "x minutes to [address]" notifications
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    If you turned off ALL notifications for Maps, then you would not be receiving this notification. It sounds like you missed some setting somewhere. Maybe you should turn off those Notifications on the iPhone as well?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    If you turned off ALL notifications for Maps, then you would not be receiving this notification. It sounds like you missed some setting somewhere. Maybe you should turn off those Notifications on the iPhone as well?
    They are most definitely all off under (in iOS) Watch > Notifications > Maps, but none of those settings sound relevant anyway as they only for turn alerts and stepping directions

But at your suggestion, I just now turned off Notifications for Maps under iOS settings. We'll see if that works.
    -Jonathan

This is Apple being Apple and trying to be helpful. When the iPhone notices a pattern to your travel based on time and location, it begins to provide that info. I get the same thing every morning when I head to work though I haven't saved my work address on the phone and same thing when I head to the gym at night.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    This is Apple being Apple and trying to be helpful. When the iPhone notices a pattern to your travel based on time and location, it begins to provide that info. I get the same thing every morning when I head to work though I haven't saved my work address on the phone and same thing when I head to the gym at night.
    Oh, I get that, but I just don't want the notification. Bob's suggestion of disabling Maps notifications in iOS seems to have done the trick so far.
    -Jonathan

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    The notifications can, and should, be turned off on the iPhone. If you want them, fine, but if you don't want them just turn them off. It's not really "Apple being Apple" at all.
    Jake

Thread Information